Anti Clotting meds for life?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Anti Clotting meds for life?

Postby openmind » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:02 pm

So as many of you know from a previous post, my father had bypass surgery a few weeks back. He did have a stroke, but thankfully on the right side of the brain, which has not affected his speech or cognitive behavior.

But the doctors were never able to determine why he had a stroke during the surgery. One theory was that there was a clot that came out of 100% blocked carotid artery, which they said in theory should not have happened if it was really 100% blocked.

The other theory is that it was caused by the heart and lung machine, which I understood from them would mean it wasn't a clot and therefore not as serious.

However, they never determined the cause but according to my mom, are recommending blood thinners for life. Which means he won't be able to eat those life saving kale, broccoli or other greens that are rich in Vitamin K.

I remember Dr. McDougall in one of his videas says that one of the Advanced Weekend doctors he brought in (a heart doctor from Kentucky I believe) was increasingly doubtful of the value of long term use of anti clotting medication.

Did anyone see that presentation or remember what was said?
openmind

Re: Anti Clotting meds for life?

Postby JeffN » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:53 pm

openmind wrote:, are recommending blood thinners for life. Which means he won't be able to eat those life saving kale, broccoli or other greens that are rich in Vitamin K.

viewtopic.php?t=5865#p40036

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Re: Anti Clotting meds for life?

Postby openmind » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:00 pm

JeffN wrote:
openmind wrote:, are recommending blood thinners for life. Which means he won't be able to eat those life saving kale, broccoli or other greens that are rich in Vitamin K.

viewtopic.php?t=5865#p40036

In Health
Jeff

Thanks Jeff!
openmind

Return to The Lounge