So what doesnt the McDougall Program fix?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: So what doesnt the McDougall Program fix?

Postby Grammy Ginger » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:27 am

Atheria wrote:
patty wrote:
Atheria wrote:I wish diet could fix my horrid 24/7 headache since 10-1-1995 that was made worse by being thrown into solid rock last April, but it can't.

:-(
Atheria

P.S. Patty, I have a 2015 Honda Fit named Ruby.

Natural healing takes time. It will pass. Something about getting hit in the face or head goes right to the soul. And you are working on your digestion? My daughter used to have migraines from a food additive. Well as long as you have a Honda Fit/Ruby to drive you will be Ok!!

Aloha, patty

Patty, this will NOT pass. I have had this nonstop brain crushing pain with face drooping since 10/1/1995. Last year's 3rd incident has destroyed my life. Even the Mayo Clinic doesn't know how to help me.

Atheria

My husband had devastating migraines that only some pretty nasty meds helped and only helped occasionally. He tried water-fasting at truenorth for 40 days, another time there for four weeks, and then at home several times for varying lengths of time. During water fasting they left but immediately returned as soon as he started eating again. A new MD had him try pt. After several sessions with the pt and several months of doing the exercises at home, his back and neck self-adjusted one night. The headaches slowly lessened in number until they have now stopped. He's 35 days pain-free. Plus all the water fasting cured his high blood pressure and obesity. We are so happy to learn that he's not allergic to eating. Imagine how thin he would have gotten if he had stopped eating altogether.
Grammy Ginger

Postby Grammy Ginger » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:33 am

Atheria wrote:
Poison Ivy wrote:With me...I suppose it would be severe panic and anxiety. I Have struggled with these type things nearly 30 years now. :-(

Please DO try CBD. You can use the hemp version.

Atheria

I second THC-free CBD for these problems and for severe pain.

All the tendons in my left rotator cuff, as well as the labrum, were ripped and shredded compliments of my shying lab. The pain was intense. Nothing OTC could touch it. Oral and topical CBD reduced the pain enough so that I could function well enough to work with a PT. I really want to avoid surgery and won't take steroids or opioids. After three weeks I have some mobility and nearly zero pain. Hurray!
Grammy Ginger

Postby Atheria » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:06 pm

I need to be on medical mj but can't due to my job. To be honest, I'm not even sure that would help. But yes, the THC free CBD really helps anxiety/panic issues.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to try Bikram Yoga to see if the heat/humidity can get my skull to shift. The fact that my skull gets totally stuck when I look up...to the point I cannot lower my head, is telling. Something is jammed big time. If 105 degree heat with humidity on a regular basis doesn't work, I need to go to Duke or Stanford and refuse to leave until someone helps me. I can't live like this anymore.

Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Postby patty » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:12 pm

Atheria wrote:
hastings wrote:
Atheria wrote:I wish diet could fix my horrid 24/7 headache since 10-1-1995 that was made worse by being thrown into solid rock last April, but it can't.

Perhaps extended water-only fasting (under medical supervision) could help. Here's a link to an article regarding a woman who alleviated her long-term headache via fasting at TrueNorth Health Center.

https://www.healthpromoting.com/learning-center/testimonials/christina-gore-resolving-sixteen-year-headache

That is interesting, thank you. I am convinced my skull slipped on C1 and is crushing nerves into my brain. One of my new MRIs does show that I have NO gap between C1 and my skull like there should be. My C1 is shoved up into my skull. I had a guy in a health food store YEARS ago jerk me up off the floor quickly by my ears, popping my head off my neck, and it lowered my headache down dramatically. I do have one scan that showed my dura is affected, but I don't think that's the main issue. My new symptom, after last April's "event" is that the blood vessels in my right eye keep breaking. Both eyes are always red now, but last Wed. I had another eye hemorrhage. It's so scary...and I'm out of doctors and healers to go to. :-(

Atheria

Yikes Atheria, how horrific!!!

The article from the woman who headaches disappeared after water fasting at TrueNorth was totally inspiring.

This is from the article:
As I began reading, I realized that almost every health problem they were discussing was inflammation-mediated. This is what I was told I had: an inflammation of the dura.

There is a movie on Netflix, _Brain on Fire_ in essence they found out it was inflammation. The story is heart wrenching what the character and her family had to go through to find the answer. It is a true story. https://www.netflix.com/search?q=brain% ... bp=0&jbr=0

I am sure your answers are there. And the best thing is you are eating a diet that decreases inflammation. I don't know much about fasting, I do know the feeding before and after are the components that allow the possible benefits to remain. I remember Dr. McDougall sharing he sometimes refers patients to True North. You might be close to a Ornish Clinc, where they have yoga, teach you how to cook, exercise as monitoring your physical health. Know you are a blessing to everyone you meet for there goes the Grace of God go I. We all have a cross to carry. They say if we threw them into a corner we would pick the same one up again.

I realized years after losing sight in my one eye, it could have been worse. I could have had laski surgery. Now they know there can be side effects that show up later. People actually commit suicide. Wouldn't do me any good as I tell my Clients when anxious about dying the best remedy is thinking you are dead already. Immediately relaxation happens, you are happy to here. I am grateful I don't have any pain, just lack of vision. That's why I love the Honda Fit, it's great visibility.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby patty » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:33 pm

Atheria wrote:I need to be on medical mj but can't due to my job. To be honest, I'm not even sure that would help. But yes, the THC free CBD really helps anxiety/panic issues.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to try Bikram Yoga to see if the heat/humidity can get my skull to shift. The fact that my skull gets totally stuck when I look up...to the point I cannot lower my head, is telling. Something is jammed big time. If 105 degree heat with humidity on a regular basis doesn't work, I need to go to Duke or Stanford and refuse to leave until someone helps me. I can't live like this anymore.

Atheria

The fear of not being able to fully move your head must be frightening. Maybe some type of neck brace to keep your head from shifting say in a natural reflex. I have witnessed Medical Marijuana working. What it can do is increases your appetite naturally to keep your body being nourished. This was with someone whose body was ravished from chemo. Her husband shared their sex life went out of the window after she had a hysterectomy, then she had a by-pass, then lung cancer. Even though she had a Medical Marijuana card there were no dispensaries in Hawaii. The family had to illegally acquire it. They were the most loving family.

I am sure you know how to pull yourself out of your body when you feel pain. I am sure yoga must teach you how. I know the Dalai Lama has shared some of the monks, could keep their body temperature warm when immersed if freezing temperature. What is so debilitating about your pain is that it is constant. So I would suggest be careful or I will see you floating in a lotus position in my living room. They say some of the Monks in the higher ground, can fly from tree to tree using their robes. Your miracles are there. Remember we are Immortal Beings having a mortal experience.

Aloha, patty.. feeling your pain disperse.
patty

Postby Atheria » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:23 pm

Patty,

I am in pain nonstop...and, sadly, no, I cannot pull myself out of my body. The new bleeding eyes thing is super scary. I'm despondent. A neck brace will do nothing. I need a TOP neurosurgeon...but can't keep afford paying people to not help me.

Atheria :-(
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Postby patty » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Atheria wrote:Patty,

I am in pain nonstop...and, sadly, no, I cannot pull myself out of my body. The new bleeding eyes thing is super scary. I'm despondent. A neck brace will do nothing. I need a TOP neurosurgeon...but can't keep afford paying people to not help me.

Atheria :-(

Did you go to a medical eye doctor that specializes in eye diseases? The reason i lost my sight in my right eye was because I had a eye infection and was wearing a contact lens. The lens worked like a petri dish that cultivated the infection. My eye doctor shared that you should never go longer than eight hours of pain. And when going blind, a tell is losing your appetite. When I called in sick to our Nurse, and told her I was going to ER, this was on a Saturday morning, she suggested I wait till Monday and go to a small clinic. I would suggest you go to a eye doctor immediately, and if you already have go to another. My problem was I do pain really well and waited too long for the antibiotics, they wouldn't work as I was passed the no point of return.

Aloha, patty
patty

Previous

Return to The Lounge