How to raise % of McDougallers in the population...

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: How to raise % of McDougallers in the population...

Postby patty » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:49 pm

You would think Dr. McDougall had the perfect job to raise the % of McDougallers. In "The Healthiest Diet on the Planet" he shares in the 16 years he worked at St. Helena, he was able to talk to some of the best heart surgeons and cardiologists. Sometimes he would refer his patients to them but they never reciprocated. One of them shared they know his diet worked as they see the repeat anagrams of the heart arteries showing reversal. Some of them just didn't want anyone talking to their patients about food. What's wrong with that picture? It is good the internet came along where so many of us can point to the man who lived with Humility. Mary has been such a Angel for Dr. McDougall and us, she never wavered constantly creating recipes. We are Blessed. Then along came Jeff Novick to explain the science. We win for being humble. Knowing the McDougall message is like the Sun you can't hold it back.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby healthyvegan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:01 am

1. Scientific data
2. Experts who base their programs on the Scientific data
3. People to follow these programs
4. Government laws and support

1. we don't need more data. There has been enough for decades. The results on many biomarkers are self evident in a matter of days following a starch based diet.
2. we have plenty, there are ornish and pritkin programs covered by medicare and medicad and I just helped someone into the new Ornish Program in Springfield, IL and it didn't cost him a dime aside from the gas to drive there.
3. Harnessing Social Media does exactly this, Ornish was just on my friend Mic The Vegan's channel talking about his new book. I didn't get to watch it all, but it would be the perfect opportunity to talk about the program, too.
4. several of us social media health promoters are in MPH programs to do exactly that. Health Policy and Promotion.

Maybe to hit closer to home, what if we had 1000 Jeff Nelsons? Look at the reach of his VegSource Vids. Who is harnessing social media and how are they impacting Public Health? If we aren't part of the conversation who will hear it? Sure there are all types on social media, but not working with them to help education is a larger mistake and missed opportunity.
mrmrsvegan.com free whole starch low fat cookbook #wslf
healthyvegan

Postby sligg1 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:09 am

In addition to the % of McDougallers, what % are 90 and above?
I have been a McDougaller for over 40 years and will be 93, August 2019.
Am I the oldest?

It's been a long and difficult trip. But a total failure as far as influence. I'm always told how terrific I look,15-20 years younger than my age but does that have any impact on their lifestyle? No, they would rather chomp on their cheeseburger and gulp their diet coke.

The world will never change to a WFPB lifestyle. Make the change for yourself and just maybe help the animals.

My first exposure to "It's the food" was at a $200 Pritikin seminar way back. And then came John McDougall, MD, and WFPB, mostly starch.

Salvatore Liggieri
Salvatore Liggieri
sligg1

Postby healthyvegan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:41 am

Salvatore I would love to interview you for my YouTube channel if you are interested. What part of the world are you in?
mrmrsvegan.com free whole starch low fat cookbook #wslf
healthyvegan

Postby hoob » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:44 am

healthyvegan wrote:
1. Scientific data
2. Experts who base their programs on the Scientific data
3. People to follow these programs
4. Government laws and support

1. we don't need more data. There has been enough for decades. The results on many biomarkers are self evident in a matter of days following a starch based diet.
2. we have plenty, there are ornish and pritkin programs covered by medicare and medicad and I just helped someone into the new Ornish Program in Springfield, IL and it didn't cost him a dime aside from the gas to drive there.
3. Harnessing Social Media does exactly this, Ornish was just on my friend Mic The Vegan's channel talking about his new book. I didn't get to watch it all, but it would be the perfect opportunity to talk about the program, too.
4. several of us social media health promoters are in MPH programs to do exactly that. Health Policy and Promotion.

Maybe to hit closer to home, what if we had 1000 Jeff Nelsons? Look at the reach of his VegSource Vids. Who is harnessing social media and how are they impacting Public Health? If we aren't part of the conversation who will hear it? Sure there are all types on social media, but not working with them to help education is a larger mistake and missed opportunity.

I don't have anything to add other than I clicked on your Instagram link. The food pictures were fun and looked so stinking good and pretty. I'm hungry now.
hoob

Postby sligg1 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:42 am

healthyvegan wrote:Salvatore I would love to interview you for my YouTube channel if you are interested. What part of the world are you in?

I'm from New York City, borough of Queens, Middle Village, 11379
Salvatore Liggieri
sligg1

Postby patty » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:47 pm

After watching Andrew and Dr McDougall’s webinar I looked at Andrew’s Spudfit Website https://spudfit.com/ And I thought of this thread. I downloaded his kindle book for $3.99 and found it inspiring. It looks like he is doing well as a coach. It looks like his model is to keep it simple. He encourages working with a doctor to keep record of blood work. In his book he share it is ok if the doctor is non supportive and great if he/she is. He has created a online support group to support each other. I would imagine it would be do able. His book shares what is allowed and quite a few potato recipes his wife Mandy put together.

Aloha, patty

The rules are what keeps the addict on track. He clearly states them. In cooking he sometimes uses potato starch as say when making potato pancakes. Mandy gives a list of what is allowed as toppings. I remember Mary and Dr McDougall doing a Webinar on Mary’s Mini and Dr McDougall mentioned how delicious her Golden gravy was and he could eat mash potatoes all day and Mary quickly said “Oh No it has flour”. Well potato flour would work. It is a small fit into the addict repetition thinking of staying on track. Kudos to Andrew and Mandy. We need more of them!!!
patty

Previous

Return to The Lounge