Positive Post

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Positive Post

Postby Grammy Ginger » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:30 pm

My SIL came over to consult me about plant-based eating. We talked for 2-hours. She took notes and listened a lot. But...I was so proud of myself. I let her do most of the talking. It turns out that she was confused with all the conflicting plant advice and why she's gaining weight coming off paleo. She and her husband are terribly obese and ill. I hope she sticks with it through the transition and sees the wonderful blessings most of us here have seen.

Thanks for listening, my plant friends.
Grammy Ginger

Re: Positive Post

Postby Idgie » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:57 pm

Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby Mom+Me » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:07 pm

Yea! Way to go, Grammy Ginger--applause, applause! :D And you did exceptionally great by listening so much! :thumbsup: Maybe send her links to Star McDougallers from time to time to encourage her.

Idgie--The picture you posted was a sweet gesture and a sweet pic.!
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Postby lucidguppy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:53 am

I wonder if we starchivores should have 2 or three copies of the starch solution to hand out when people have questions about the WOE.
lucidguppy

Postby Skip » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:15 am

"Eat whole foods, mostly plants" (from Michael Pollan) is the mantra I use these days when discussing it with people. It's short and simple and it doesn't concentrate on what you don't eat (like saying I'm a vegan and I don't eat animal products)......If the person you are talking with is interested, the discussion then goes to what a whole food is.....then it can be described as fruits, vegetables, grains, beans, nuts and seeds......again, short and simple
"The fundamental principle of ethics is reverence for life" Albert Schweitzer
Skip

Postby Grammy Ginger » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:46 am

Encouragement is appreciated. Thanks.

How did you post a picture? An artist type, I'm technologically challenged.
Grammy Ginger

Postby Idgie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:04 am

lucidguppy, that's the book I give away to people who really want to explore this foodstyle.

Grammy, you find or upload an image online, copy its URL/location, then click "Img" on your board post and paste the URL in there. If that's not clear, shout, and I'll make screenshots to show you.
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby lmggallagher » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:51 pm

I’m so glad you posted this - I wish them the best success! Most of all this is pretty rare- so obviously you are a great walking and talking example for them to follow. Most people just want to join the hordes on the latest fad diet - sounds like they did and didn’t come near the results they expected. I appreciate your approach - responding to questions not preaching at her - good. All on that :nod:

lmggallagher

Return to The Lounge