And the winner of THE most addicting food is...pizza!

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

And the winner of THE most addicting food is...pizza!

Postby Atheria » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:14 am

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/06/health/p ... index.html

The way this article gleefully talks about how addicting pizza is due to the combo of high fat, salt, and sugar is annoying. I just keep hearing in my head, "The Pleasure Trap"...

Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Re: And the winner of THE most addicting food is...pizza!

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:48 am

I sometimes wonder what it would be like if people wrote about illegal drug use the way they write about food. I like food, a lot, but what if people would wax poetic about heroin or cocaine the way they write about wine and cheese. I definitely lived a part of my life thinking I could never live without wine! Then, well, here I am, no alcohol and somehow each day life is still worth living.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Re: And the winner of THE most addicting food is...pizza!

Postby Atheria » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:10 pm

Lyndzie wrote:I sometimes wonder what it would be like if people wrote about illegal drug use the way they write about food. I like food, a lot, but what if people would wax poetic about heroin or cocaine the way they write about wine and cheese. I definitely lived a part of my life thinking I could never live without wine! Then, well, here I am, no alcohol and somehow each day life is still worth living.

Good point! Gee...how I love meth with my potatoes. It really makes them extra satiating.

LOL
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Return to The Lounge