Invitation to brunch in Pacifica

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Invitation to brunch in Pacifica

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:29 pm

We will be having a pot luck brunch at our home in Pacifica on Saturday, December 15 from 11 am until ??? Please PM or email me at [email protected] and I will send you my address. Please bring a compliant dish to share.
Vanilla Orchid

Re: Invitation to brunch in Pacifica

Postby Idgie » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:16 pm

What a great idea! Now that I'm not in the Bay Area any more, I have to pass, but maybe I'll have one here when the weather warms up. Have a great time!
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby f1jim » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:04 am

Southern California is just a hop. skip, and a jump to see lovely Pacifica and the McDougallers in the area. We would love to see anyone contemplating a trip to the S.F. Bay Area join us for food and frolick. We love putting faces to names and sharing this way of eating.
Come join us for McDougal party.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby gracezw » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:32 pm

We now have about 10 people for the party!
gracezw

Postby Idgie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:46 pm

Jim, the older I get, the rougher that trip gets. I've made the drive a hundred times (I have family in Oakland), and have flown a bunch of times, too, and it takes longer and longer to recover from the trip. Next time I'm up there for a non-emergency, though, I'll let everyone know and maybe we can get together!
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
Idgie

Postby KatherineUK » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:49 pm

please post photos of the food to the UK McDougall Friends FB group Claire xx
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

If we don't try we don't do; and if we don't do why are we here on this earth?
KatherineUK

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:14 pm

KatherineUK wrote:please post photos of the food to the UK McDougall Friends FB group Claire xx

Can you come??? PLEASE?

For anyone who does not know, KatherineUK is the hostess with the mostess, and Queen of the UK branch of McDougalldom. She has a McDougall Air BNB, and you MUST visit her if you go to Oxford, or the Imperial War Museum in London (where you will find her in the library.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby KatherineUK » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:49 am

Vanilla Orchid wrote:
KatherineUK wrote:please post photos of the food to the UK McDougall Friends FB group Claire xx

Can you come??? PLEASE?

For anyone who does not know, KatherineUK is the hostess with the mostess, and Queen of the UK branch of McDougalldom. She has a McDougall Air BNB, and you MUST visit her if you go to Oxford, or the Imperial War Museum in London (where you will find her in the library.

LOL but I fall off the wagon sometimes but have been climbing/crawling back for 9 years so I truly love this WOE. (You'd think the splinters under my nails would have taught me something by now). I dream of having McDougall potlucks in the UK :-)
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

If we don't try we don't do; and if we don't do why are we here on this earth?
KatherineUK

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:39 pm

I had a question from someone asking if it was OK to invite people who might be interested in this way of eating. The answer is yes, but please respond to me so that I will know who and how many people to expect. Also, please be sure to let new people know that anything they bring must contain no animal products, and no added oil. If that is too difficult for them to manage, then they can bring something simple, such as fruit, or even nothing at all. We always have plenty of food.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:44 pm

A recommendation: have everyone bring a list of ingredients for their dish. That way, if someone has an allergy, they can make wise decisions. Also, we had a pitch in and someone did not realize that they could not use eggs. Caused quite a debacle.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby lmggallagher » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:41 pm

I can’t attend this time - but I want to thank you again for the lovely time I had some years back. I enjoyed talking to everyone there and met people from the boards that was great fun. The food was wonderful- everyone really brings their favs. Have a fabulous gathering. Michelle

lmggallagher

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:06 pm

lmggallagher wrote:I can’t attend this time - but I want to thank you again for the lovely time I had some years back. I enjoyed talking to everyone there and met people from the boards that was great fun. The food was wonderful- everyone really brings their favs. Have a fabulous gathering. Michelle

It was my pleasure. I have since retired and have been traveling a lot, so not doing a lot of entertaining (unless you count house swaps with other vegan types). Please keep in touch and we can plan other gatherings when it's convenient for you.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby f1jim » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:29 am

I look forward seeing everyone today. It's always a treat getting together with diet synergistic folks. Any last minute attendees? Come see us.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:33 pm

I'm ready for you!
Vanilla Orchid

Postby Idgie » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:59 am

How did it go? Are there pics? :-)
Idgie, Southern CA
Idgie

Next

Return to The Lounge