Anthony William

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Anthony William

Postby bcmike » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:05 am

I don't stray much from McDougall, Novick, Fuhrman, so much out there i try and stay focused.
Just ran across this guy, never heard of him. Any thoughts, info ?
Best in health to everyone.
bcmike

Re: Anthony William

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:50 am

King of woo-woo. He is plant based I think but beyond that, i-yi-yi-yi-yi.... Most all diseases caused by Epstein Barr virus, cure most digestive disorders and many others by drinking juice of entire bunch of celery daily, and on and on.... VERRRRRRRRRY high priced too. I have heard quite a few miracle tales but that's always true whether true or not if you get my drift. Placebo is so very powerful and gets big boost if you pay a lot of $ for it. I don't think anyone will hurt themselves from his books unless they don't get medical treatment they actually do need. But overall, a very big "Meh," from me.
GeoffreyLevens

Postby bcmike » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:53 am

Hi Geoffrey,
Got 1 of his books from library (he has a new one also coming out)
Very much along the McDougall guidelines, other than he seems to favor more fruit meals, a bit more avocado and nuts.
Also a few juices (saw the celery one you mentioned)
Thanks -
bcmike

Postby Ltldogg » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:01 pm

This Anthony William is a snake-oil salesman and scammer. Stay away. Everything you need is right here on this site.
Ltldogg

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:18 pm

bcmike wrote:Hi Geoffrey,
Got 1 of his books from library (he has a new one also coming out)
Very much along the McDougall guidelines, other than he seems to favor more fruit meals, a bit more avocado and nuts.
Also a few juices (saw the celery one you mentioned)
Thanks -

His most basic diet guidelines aren't terrible but what he is really about, what he is selling, is curing disease w/ hand waving and weirdness. Sometimes it does work, maybe even often! But my suspicion is that is because of the power of the placebo effect. That is not at all trivial but I prefer more economical means of evoking it when I can.

Placebo Effect: A Cure In The Mind
GeoffreyLevens

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:30 pm

I have a friend that follows his “protocol.” She was doing Paleo before, so his diet is definitely an improvement. The amount of money she spends per week on celery is ridiculous. Also, he’s a psychic, and recommends a long list of supplements. Not really rooted in reality.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby bcmike » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:15 am

Hi Geoffrey,
Weirdness aside, i'd agree that i don't see his basic diet doing harm as he is somewhat along Dr. McDougall's guidelines.
I've been here 11 years now, and this works fine for me. I'm about 85% compliant, aside from a few martini's every
once in a while, or a nice cabernet, along with some nuts and avocado's, i'm pretty good. (though when i pass a steak house
i still drool :o). My weight, which is fine, fluctuates about 5 lbs. up or down, in all those years, no meds, good #'s,
so no plans to change.
His new book just came out, ( i am on the list at my library) and it has tons of 5 star reviews. Truth be told, i am looking
forward to reading it.
Best in health to all.
bcmike

Postby JeffN » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:28 pm

I think the OP got his answer and that we have wandered off topic of the McDougall Program

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Return to The Lounge