another one of those posts

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

another one of those posts

Postby Grammy Ginger » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:45 am

It's ok if nobody responds.

Isn't it a lovely day! All the smoke has cleared from the Canadian fires. Liberty is a wonderful thing.

I enjoy plenty of delicious plant food to eat without standing in a bread line. I have enough clothing and a comfortable home. I may share my excess with those in need if I so desire. I choose where and in what type of dwelling to live. I grow what I want in my own yard. I gather, converse, pray, sing, make music, and dance with my friends and family without worrying about retribution. I have the strength and freedom to hike in the woods with my dogs, paddle my kayak on the lake, ride my bike, and do my morning version of yoga--ginjoga. I marvel at the beauties of the earth. I use technology to keep in touch with my dear ones. I am relatively safe compared to those in third world countries or dictatorships. I have the liberty to speak my mind without fear of being cast into jail or worse. I understand that with this liberty comes the responsibility to act with civility, restraint, generosity, and kindness. I read, write, and compute competently because of the free education I received and access to a free library. I may worship God how I see fit or not at all.

Freedom is empowering! Life is beautiful! I'm so happy that I now have the good health to live these blessings to their fullest.

Have a lovely day!
Grammy Ginger

Re: another one of those posts

Postby Idgie » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:51 am

Back at you, Grammy! It is good to remind ourselves of all we have to be thankful for.
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby Langeranger » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:17 am

GG, you’re gratitude becomes you. Nice words.
Langeranger

Postby moonlight » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:32 pm

Thank you, GG, for the lovely reminder of what most of us have at our fingertips. I love your attitude! Is that from eating such an awesome diet?
moonlight

Postby Skip » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:56 pm

I often think of the kids in Yemen and the many injustices that exist in the world today as I live a life of relative safety and freedom. It's not right but there's not much that I can do about it. I'm sure I could do more to help but I don't .......
"The fundamental principle of ethics is reverence for life" Albert Schweitzer
Skip

Postby Grammy Ginger » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:14 pm

moonlight wrote:I love your attitude! Is that from eating such an awesome diet?

Oh, yes!! Absolutely! I was a raving lunatic and huge grouch when I ate chunks of dead animals and their secretions.
Grammy Ginger

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:03 pm

What a wonderful thing to read. I especially like the part about acting with civility, restraint, generosity and kindness. I wish more people practiced those behaviors.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby SilverDollar123 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:42 pm

Thanks for the lovely post! I am too am blessed with all of the above. RAS :nod:
SilverDollar123

Postby Mom+Me » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:55 am

Grammy Ginger,

I'm so glad you wrote "another one of those posts"; I love them...please keep them coming! We are indeed blessed, and all the more since we know of, believe, and follow this WOE. :) That's why a continuous, big, healthy heart-filled, "Thank you!!!" to Dr. & Mary McDougall, their staff, and all of the moderators, contributors, and readers of the Discussion Board.
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Postby Grammy Ginger » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:51 pm

You all are so lovely!
Grammy Ginger

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Thanks, GrammyGInger for sharing this wonderfully positive post. :)
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Return to The Lounge