Elimination diet - on meds?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Elimination diet - on meds?

Postby jamietwo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:03 pm

I spent a long time doing an elimination diet years ago (med free), but based on my results, I suspect that one of my "safe" foods was really a trigger food.

Has anyone done a successful elimination diet while medicating? I've been on plaquenil for nearly 5 years. :( That's the bad news. The good news is I'm doing great! :) But I want to get off the meds. I've lowered my dose to 200 mcg / day (from 300 mcg), and I've been doing that for 45 days. Its enough that I can feel my joints in the morning, so I was assuming that I would be able to detect problem foods. I know the ideal would be to do the elimination diet while taking NO meds, but I'm scared to try it until I have a well-tested group of safe foods. Needless to say, I don't want to go through the process if it will be a wasted effort! But I've already bought some acorn squash, and I'm ready to go! :D
Jamie
jamietwo

Return to The Lounge