The All Meat Diet.

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

The All Meat Diet.

Postby f1jim » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:18 am

Here is an interesting article on the newest craze, the all meat diet. Talk about fad dieting, here it is. Some celebrity starts eating this way and a large chunk of the population has to join in. I'm trying to figure out if this is worse than people that believe the earth is flat.

https://www.sciencealert.com/something- ... -nutrients

f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Re: The All Meat Diet.

Postby PJK » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:50 am

Part of the problem is that if you limit your diet to just 1 category of food, including meat, you will over the short term most likely lose weight.

So anyone who says they lost weight eating only meat is probably telling the truth.

And with so many people overweight, a simple solution is appealing. "Just eat X and nothing else."

The fact that if flies in the face of everything science tells us about health? I think that may actually be part of its appeal. Part of the same anti-authority sentiment that got us a president with no previous political experience.
PJK

Postby dstewart » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:52 pm

Next up for these people: Rabbit starvation.
dstewart

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:18 am

No! Jordan Peterson is going to die prematurely! I've enjoyed listening to him :(
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:31 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:No! Jordan Peterson is going to die prematurely! I've enjoyed listening to him :(

From what he and daughter described, sounded like they would have died prematurely anyway, esp his daughter. Maybe would do a lot better w/ our WOE but they were both totally miserable and Mikhaila sounded like already pretty close to the edge.
GeoffreyLevens

Postby BlueGene » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:28 pm

It's an elimination diet. They're either sensitive to some plant foods themselves or they have a bad microbiome that, when fed, causes problems such as leaky gut. There's no way humans could have survived as a species if we couldn't eat plants at all. Those individuals would have died out long ago. If I were in this boat, I'd get a fecal transplant by a healthy McDougaller or Okinawan! What would happen if they got bitten by a lone star tick? They wouldn't be able to eat anything.

Mikhaila posted her blood-work on her blog. http://mikhailapeterson.com/2018/08/07/blood-work/

Her cholesterol is low, which is unusual. Her ferritin is high. Too much iron is pro-oxidant, which can wreak havoc on the system. She's not taking in any anti-oxidants or phytochemicals. Ketones may mitigate some of the damage by activating nrf2 and increasing endogenous anti-oxidant defenses similar to what sulforaphane and many other phytochemicals do. But will that be enough? She should be donating blood regularly at least.
BlueGene

Return to The Lounge