eating ? for long-term McDougallers

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: eating ? for long-term McDougallers

Postby Mom+Me » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:31 pm

Hello All,

Thank you so very much for all of your responses! My plan was to respond to each person's reply, but my schedule got unexpectedly slammed; I apologize.

Yes, I agree. My taste buds have changed so much that usually all that I've tasted off plan (not that much) has paled in comparison to all the wonderfully healthy foods I now enjoy. And, and this is a biggie, not only are the foods so enjoyable, but they're actually life-sustaining and life-giving. Wow--imagine that! :-D

I also find that combined with my refined taste buds, it's all the knowledge. I think to myself, "Do I really want to harm my body with that?!".

All this said, I still am not perfect. Everything was going along just swimmingly until one day I threw in a handful of semi-sweet (vegan) chocolate chips into the totally compliant banana bread I was making. I tried a chip pre-baked and found the waxiness of it disgusting. But, I found it more appealing when the bread was slightly warm and the chips were kind of melted. Argh! That led to a slight downfall.... Which proves that I am very human. :nod: Well, afterall, that's who we are! The key that I keep refining is to learn from these errors and to make better choices in the future.

Thank you, again, fellow McDougallers!
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Previous

Return to The Lounge