Being active in old age

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Being active in old age

Postby Risto » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:24 pm

I happened on this documentary completely randomly on Youtube. Unfortunately the active centenarian object of it is possibly the most infamous one, Leni Riefenstahl (Hitler's favorite propaganda film director). I don't mean to start any political debates, I was simply struck how sharp and active she was at 100, in the year 2002. She was still diving and released a film about underwater nature on her 100th birthday. The documentary piece shows her new Avid editing suite - she edited all her movies herself and had recently learned computer-based digital editing. And the previous generation of digital editing a few years earlier at age 95. Kinda made me think of some people I know who basically refuse to learn anything new at about 35, unless their livelihood absolutely depends on it.

Riefenstahl died in 2003 at 101.

"Leni Riefenstahl - The Immoderation in Me" 60 min (There's and error in the Youtube title.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjgYS8uXwFk
Risto

Re: Being active in old age

Postby Branson » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:29 pm

May she burn in hell through all eternity.
Branson

Postby Willijan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:10 pm

I'm sure many here would agree with you, Branson, as I do.
Willijan

Postby Grammy Ginger » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:19 pm

I thank God that I won't be infamously remembered as this woman is for her hand in The Holocaust.

But I sure hope I will be remembered as someone who lived life healthily, joyfully, and actively to the very end.
Grammy Ginger

Return to The Lounge