Do you smell meat all the time? I do.

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Do you smell meat all the time? I do.

Postby Branson » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:52 pm

I live near to Chipotle and Five Guys Burgers. Near enough that their cooking comes in thru my windows. Annoying right?

Well I was reading the sample of this new book called The Healthies People on Earth by the great grandson of the Seventh Day Adventist Ellen White.

https://www.amazon.com/Healthiest-Peopl ... op?ie=UTF8

And tho he went far away from his upbring to smoke cigarettes etc, he, in his adult years came back to healthy food. Now this is why I posted. He said in his upbringing in Loma Linda town of 20k NO meat is sold. No meat is cooked. No smells of it.

Now aint that something?

How about you? You gotta a lota meat in your world. Now that it is summer, up starts the BBQ's also.
Branson

Re: Do you smell meat all the time? I do.

Postby f00die » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:04 pm

yeah
every time i walk into a gas station
herr in da south
i smell fried fish (catfish, so white and flaky + hot sauce)
i make sure i dont go to look at it (high likelihood of a "exception")
i put on my best vegan
and label errbody a loser until i get out of there
f00die

Postby colonyofcells » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:10 pm

I heard the smell and fumes of meat cooked at high temperatures is not healthy.
colonyofcells

Postby Kaye » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:20 pm

Thankfully the only time I have to put up with the stench of burning flesh is when my neighbours start up their BBQ during the summer months. I usually come indoors and shut the windows and wait for it to be over with before going back outside.
Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate, Completed February 2017, T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies and eCornell
Kaye

Postby gracezw » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:30 pm

Branson, this book is very interesting. I have put it on my reading list. Thank you! I haven't smelled any meat in my neighborhood yet. I may when it is closer to July 4th!

Branson wrote:I live near to Chipotle and Five Guys Burgers. Near enough that their cooking comes in thru my windows. Annoying right?

Well I was reading the sample of this new book called The Healthies People on Earth by the great grandson of the Seventh Day Adventist Ellen White.

https://www.amazon.com/Healthiest-Peopl ... op?ie=UTF8

And tho he went far away from his upbring to smoke cigarettes etc, he, in his adult years came back to healthy food. Now this is why I posted. He said in his upbringing in Loma Linda town of 20k NO meat is sold. No meat is cooked. No smells of it.

Now aint that something?

How about you? You gotta a lota meat in your world. Now that it is summer, up starts the BBQ's also.
gracezw

Postby americaninca46 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:32 am

I have always found the smell of cooking meat nauseating. Even as a child way before going WFPB. I can totally identify with all that you folks are saying. I stay away from all places that cook meat. As a child I would leave the house before mom cooked bacon and eggs for breakfast. When I get my nails done, I have to come home and change my clothes because they are in a building where there is a fried chicken restaurant. I hate that grease smell. I have never been disgusted by the cooking smell of veggies. My neighbours barbecue, but I can go inside till they are done. Looking back I remember many times being sick at the smell of meat cooking. Not to mention fried eggs cooking. Pork always made me queasy and my lips would swell. Bacon made me nauseous. My body is so happy on this way of eating. What always amazes me is how calm and quiet my stomach is. No cramps, no pressure, no queasy. Just happy. I find since I cut out most oil, my stomach reacts badly to added oils.
americaninca46

Postby DonnaElaine » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:07 am

I'm 72 years old and somewhere along the way I lost my sense of smell. Thank God for all blessings!
DonnaElaine

Postby 1942smithcorona » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Thankfully, no. I mean, when I walk near the restaurants and BBQ joints, sure. But not as an olfactory hallucination. :)
1942smithcorona

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:31 am

I don't mind the smell of meat cooking, it's the smell in the butcher section of the grocery store! gag! And also, I've gotten very sensitive to the chemically smells from processed foods. Like what was it, a frozen pot pie that Wylie fixed for himself. I could SMELL how chemical it was. yuck!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Rosey » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Neighbors make me smell it when they BBQ that is only time well at home but going places sucks because the smells make me upset to my stomach.
Rosey

Return to The Lounge