S.F. Bay Area Potluck, heads up

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: S.F. Bay Area Potluck, heads up

Postby greensheep » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:50 am

I won't be in town for this (too bad!), but I do plan on starting to do some work in the SF Bay Area in July and August, and likely beyond. I'd love to do some McDougall-related, WFPB-related things while I'm there, but I'm not sure what's available. I know Santa Rosa isn't too far away. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd really appreciate it. As some people noted in another thread, I'm the only one in my household who eats this way, and it's always fun to go someplace where I'm not alone!
greensheep

Postby f1jim » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Our potluck was wonderful. We had 18 people come and share food, experiences, and camaraderie. Grace did a great job arranging and hosting this event and my hat is off to her. If you didn't make it please try again next time.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby gracezw » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:56 pm

Jim, you and your wife are awesome! The two of you were a great help. I could not have done this without your encouragement and support!
gracezw

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:30 am

We had fun! Grace did a wonderful job arranging for the space at a community room in the park. Always fun to meet new friends and reconnect with old.

We always get questions about when the next event will be, and people who want to be notified about it. To be clear, the next event is whenever you want it to be at whatever location you want to have it. All you need to do is invite people, and we will come. We will help. People came to Cupertino from Walnut Creek, South San Francisco, Pacifica—all over. You can host a gathering in your home, the beach, a park, a movie theater. A restaurant, or a campground. Pick a place, and invite your friends, and dare to put it out in Social media. Then watch the magic happen.
Vanilla Orchid

Previous

Return to The Lounge