S.F. Bay Area Potluck, heads up

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

S.F. Bay Area Potluck, heads up

Postby f1jim » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:11 pm

Here are the particulars...
McDougallers' and Friends' Summer Potluck Party 2018

6/23 Sat 11:45-3:15

10455 Miller Ave, Cupertino, CA 95014

Bring a McDougall dish, and bring either your experience of practicing this WOE or your positive attitude toward learning this WOE, and more to share

Parking is limited. If you confirm your participation with me by the night of 6/7 Thursday, you will get a guaranteed parking spot right next to the building; if not, you are still welcome to participate, and please let me know the day before so I will help you find parking further away from the building.
Your hosts,
Grace and Johnny

Just PM me if you need further details. Thanks to Grace for making all the arrangements for this event. I look forward to seeing many of you from the Bay Area and hopefully a few from further away.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Re: S.F. Bay Area Potluck, heads up

Postby gracezw » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Jim, thank you for posting! I am happy to be a cohost!

Anyone who is interested is welcome to PM me too! Thanks!
gracezw

Postby f1jim » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:39 am

Just a reminder, please let us know if you can make it to this event. Bay Area attendees are all welcome and if you are in the Bay Area visiting we would love to have you join us. Check the date and make plans for our own McDougallfest here in the S. F. Bay Area.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Langeranger » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:18 pm

You’re half the continent away, but I’ll be there in spirit. Good eatin’, Don
Langeranger

Postby gracezw » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:50 pm

Langeranger Don, thank you for committing to be at the potluck in spirit. I will report on how the potluck goes after it. :-)

Langeranger wrote:You’re half the continent away, but I’ll be there in spirit. Good eatin’, Don
gracezw

Postby gracezw » Thu May 03, 2018 3:36 pm

It is now in May. I am bumping up this thread. I have about 16 people confirmed to join the party!
gracezw

Postby f1jim » Thu May 03, 2018 3:52 pm

Come on Bay Area McDougallers. I know there are more than a handful of locals that are awfully quiet. Let's show the rest of the country how it's done.
Don't make me come home from vacation early!
f1jim
f1jim

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Thu May 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Sherman and I will be there.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Mon May 28, 2018 6:10 pm

I’m posting this message to get the thread active. I mentioned it to another friend who may wish to go.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby f1jim » Mon May 28, 2018 6:25 pm

Thanks Claire, yes, it's time for all Bay Area McDougallers to heed the clarion call and get together for this special social event. Let's turn out in force and show the world what a great potluck looks like. Please join us even if you are not a joiner. That's most of us. A chance to share this way of eating with like minded folks.
f1jim
f1jim

Postby viv » Mon May 28, 2018 9:24 pm

It will be wonderful! I wish I could join you all. This is my old stomping ground, my sons went to Cupertino High and I lived just down the road. Great days!

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Postby f1jim » Mon May 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Come on Viv. Cupertino is calling!
f1jim
f1jim

Postby gracezw » Tue May 29, 2018 7:37 am

Claire, Jim and Viv, thank you all for posting!

I am looking forward to seeing everyone coming to this potluck!
gracezw

Postby f1jim » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:16 am

The potluck in Cupertino, CA is THIS MONTH! Don't let the timeget by and forget to plug in. Social events can be hard to come by when you eat a McDougall diet and you won't have a better event than a McDougall potluck. Come join us for great food, people focused on their health, and a wonderful time for all.
And let's not let Pacifica dominate the event!!!
See you there.
f1jim
f1jim

Postby gracezw » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:26 pm

Jim, thank you! I have requested the city to provide reserved parking spots. See you and all soon!
gracezw

Next

Return to The Lounge