WFPB funnies

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

WFPB funnies

Postby SonjaK » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 pm

My younger sister, who went WFPB about 5 months ago (shortly after I did), has gone from a "normal" slim weight to a more "normal" WFPB slim weight (i.e. lower end of healthy BMI). She looks great and a friend of hers was commenting on it and they got talking about food and what she eats. My sister explained what WFPB was and the benefits.

Her friend asked: "What do you eat for junk food?"

My sister: :shock: :duh: She was very nice though and responded, "another muffin?" (still WFPB compliant but on the higher end of the caloric density chart) "An apple?"

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Sonja
SonjaK

Re: WFPB funnies

Postby greensheep » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:46 am

Yes! Someone at work asked me, "What do you eat when you really just want to pig out on something BAD?" I didn't have any idea how to answer because I never have any desire to do this. I love the food I eat on a daily basis!
greensheep

Postby SonjaK » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:22 pm

greensheep wrote:Yes! Someone at work asked me, "What do you eat when you really just want to pig out on something BAD?" I didn't have any idea how to answer because I never have any desire to do this. I love the food I eat on a daily basis!

haha, agreed!
SonjaK

Postby MINNIE » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:34 am

Greensheep, you said it:).

I recently had a conversation with someone who was genuinely curious about what I eat and why. This has almost never happened so I was quite happy to explain. She was receptive to most of it. But I couldn't get across the fact that I don't ever "pig out" on junk, or non-compliant food, because I don't want to.

There are no "cheat" days because then I would be skipping eating the things I actually love to eat, to eat things I don't like any more :roll: . Makes no sense to me.

Oh well, if they ever try this way of eating they will see what we mean.

I wouidn't have believed it myself, until I experienced it :).
MINNIE

Postby strivn2bhealthy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:50 am

I wouidn't have believed it myself, until I experienced it :)

Maybe this is the only answer we should give... leave them wanting more!
Started 2019 @ 345
Goal 1 - 310 / 06/21/19
Goal 2 - 279 / ???
Glory!
strivn2bhealthy

Return to The Lounge