$2 Can Buy You a Coffee OR...

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

$2 Can Buy You a Coffee OR...

Postby soulnurturer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:40 am

If you live in Toronto Canada, this week $2 can buy you 10 pounds of Russet, Red, or Yellow potatoes at Loblaw's and 10 pounds of sweet potatoes at No Frills.

I splurged and bought one of each so for a whole $8 I bought 40 pounds of potatoes. Not bad, eh? Who says this WOE is expensive?
Jesus blesses everything I eat and drink and takes sickness away from my midst.
(Exodus 23:25)
soulnurturer

Re: $2 Can Buy You a Coffee OR...

Postby roundcoconut » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:55 am

So you will be hosting a potato buffet at your house? I can’t wait!

I’ll be having the potato-leek soup for a starter. Then the baked potato as a main course, with some of JeffN’s fries on the side. And then some potato salad to round out my meal.

How delicious!

Dessert is gonna be a sweet potato with some fruit inside — I know you’lll have to purchase those separately for us, but I’ll chip in!

Looking forward to the potato buffet. :)
roundcoconut

Postby patty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:58 pm

Yes, that is the miracle of being starched based.. the economics body, mind and socially. Everyone has the opportunity to be not only rich in health, but in every other way:) Food and money are not like musical chairs there is enough for everyone.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby greentea » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:24 pm

soulnurturer wrote:If you live in Toronto Canada, this week $2 can buy you 10 pounds of Russet, Red, or Yellow potatoes at Loblaw's and 10 pounds of sweet potatoes at No Frills.

I splurged and bought one of each so for a whole $8 I bought 40 pounds of potatoes. Not bad, eh? Who says this WOE is expensive?

I splurged on that deal too! I have a cupboard full of yukon golds. Great No Frills tip, I'll stop there tomorrow and pick me up some sweet potaters.
greentea

Postby GlennR » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Thanks for the head's up, I'll be sure to drop in and take advantage of those prices.
Glenn
GlennR

Postby Basel » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:07 am

That's a great deal for sweet potatoes. They were 98 cents per pound at our Walmart near Pittsburgh the other day. Although it didn't phase me since I have ~ 100 pounds from my garden in my basement.
Basel

Postby mountain » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:33 am

And here ( Vancouver Island, BC) the cheapest sweet potatoes I have seen the last couple of months were $ 1.95 :eek: :-(
mountain

Postby soulnurturer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:04 am

roundcoconut wrote:So you will be hosting a potato buffet at your house? I can’t wait!

I’ll be having the potato-leek soup for a starter. Then the baked potato as a main course, with some of JeffN’s fries on the side. And then some potato salad to round out my meal.

How delicious!

Dessert is gonna be a sweet potato with some fruit inside — I know you’lll have to purchase those separately for us, but I’ll chip in!

Looking forward to the potato buffet. :)

That menu sounds delicious! Come on over!
Jesus blesses everything I eat and drink and takes sickness away from my midst.
(Exodus 23:25)
soulnurturer

Return to The Lounge