How Can We Help?

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

How Can We Help?

Postby JeffN » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:44 am

The response of offers to help the McDougalls has been overwhelming.

We have received many requests asking how someone can help. Many of the WFPB docs, and the American College of Lifestyle Medicine have asked the same thing.

I am in conversation with the McDougall's about all of this and should know something later today or tomorrow.

As soon as I get more info, I will post it here.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Re: How Can We Help?

Postby jpongin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Thank you Jeff. The McDougalls and his staff have been there for me and my family, and now we'll be there for him. Will stand by for further details.
jpongin

Postby spinner » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:46 pm

Thanks so much, Jeff. It's our turn to give back. Please let us know when things are set up so we may do so.
spinner

Postby patty » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:10 pm

Can't give soon enough!!!

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby Yomom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:50 pm

Thanks for setting this up. I will check back for details.
Yomom

Postby nicoles » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:06 pm

Thanks, Jeff.

Like Patty said, can't give soon enough!
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby Caroveggie » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Good to hear. I searched GoFundMe but don't find anything yet. I would like to give back and also share on social media. He has done so much for this community, saved and changed so many lives for the better.
Caroveggie

Postby Sonia Raga » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:52 pm

Thank you for keeping us posted Jeff!
Spaniard. "Those who want to change, find how to. Those who don´t, find excuses." Vegan, oil-free recipes:
http://www.thebrightbird.com
Sonia Raga

Postby foodaddict » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:46 am

I know what it feels like loosing things in a fire even though it was just about 1/3 of everything I had and it was 27 years ago. So I will donate for sure :nod:
I started to eat meat again to ripe the benefits of it. They eat meat in the bible. why should not we continue to eat it? I hate manipulated facts !
foodaddict

Postby Drew_ab » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:42 am

Dumb question - isn't the cost of a house + belongings covered by insurance? Maybe things are different here in Canada.
Drew_ab

Postby JeffN » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:49 am

Just to be clear, the McDougall's are not asking for any help right now. My post above is due to the response from all his colleagues, friends and those he has helped over the years who have asked how they can help in some way and if so, how best to do it.

Yes, they have insurance.

In Health
Jeff

PS I also realize that the original Subject and perhaps some of the text, was confusing. Those were my words, not from the McDougall's, and didn't accurately represent what I was trying to say and so I have edited them accordingly.
JeffN

Postby JeffN » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:19 am

We are also aware that there have been several donation websites set up in Dr McDougall's name. He has not approved of any of these, has not asked for them to be up and we have asked them to take the sites down.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby patty » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:56 am

It is a confusing time. Our insurance is Dr Mc Dougall’s primary message as long as there is time there is hope.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby JeffN » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:04 pm

From Dr McDougall

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56648

John McDougall wrote:Mary and I are well and with family. All our material possessions are lost. The same for Heather's and Tiffany's families.

Our years of struggle against the established thinking regarding nutrition and many medical treatments of patients will continue. The McDougall Program is alive and well and will run Programs (10-day and 3-day), conduct webinars, newsletters, etc., with as few interruptions as possible.

We are so fortunate that our lives were spared.

There are no authorized donation programs - Do not donate to any you may see.

We are humbled by the many offers of help. We may have many unexpected financial pressures, and if we decide to seek any monetary help from you, our friends, we will let you know.

John McDougall, MD
JeffN

Postby JeffN » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:11 am

Dr McDougall's morning update

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56657#p571034

John McDougall wrote:Thank you again for all your concerns.

We are with family and beginning to recover personally.

The McDougall Program is alive and well and moving forward. we are moving forward and will be running Programs (10-day, 3-day), doing Thursday webinars, and sending out monthly newsletters, "breaking news stories," "star mcdougallers, etc.."

Any rumors that our business ventures have been negatively affected in any meaningful way are inaccurate or false.

John
[email protected]
JeffN

Next

Return to Jeff Novick, RD