Plant Fit Summit

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Plant Fit Summit

Postby Kaye » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:26 am

Starting on 1 September - free to register and watch for 24 hrs as usual or $67 for lifetime access.

https://plantfitsummit.com/

Quite a lot of fitness speakers this time along with some of the usual plant based doctors.
Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate, Completed February 2017, T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies and eCornell
Kaye

Re: Plant Fit Summit

Postby gracezw » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Thank you! I am interested!
gracezw

Postby Kaye » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:23 am

The schedule has been released - some interesting speakers, I've already made a note of the ones I don't want to miss in my diary

https://plantfitsummit.com/schedule-2017/
Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate, Completed February 2017, T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies and eCornell
Kaye

Postby colonyofcells » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:14 am

colonyofcells

Postby Ltldogg » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:36 am

Hi All,

I'm not trying to stir up controversy, but wanted to post an observation:

For most people, I suggest you skip watching these "Summits". There will be information overload, conflicting messages and it will paralyze and stress you. Instead, follow The McDougall Program and Jeff Novick's work, keep it simple and enjoy your life and good health.

Cheers,
Scott
Ltldogg

Postby colonyofcells » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:09 pm

So far, the first day athlete speaker Josh LaJaunie seems to be mainly giving an inspirational talk rather than nutrition advice. Josh LaJaunie also talks about how the book The Pleasure Trap has helped him overcome his problems.
Last edited by colonyofcells on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
colonyofcells

Postby colonyofcells » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:22 pm

The Plant Fit Summit seems more credible than the quack summit about quack cancer cures. Pretty much all alternative cancer cures are quack.
colonyofcells

Postby Chumly » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 pm

I really need to hear inspiration from time to time!
Chumly

Postby Chumly » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Please delete, duplicate post!
Chumly

Postby Kaye » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Ltldogg wrote:Hi All,

I'm not trying to stir up controversy, but wanted to post an observation:

For most people, I suggest you skip watching these "Summits". There will be information overload, conflicting messages and it will paralyze and stress you. Instead, follow The McDougall Program and Jeff Novick's work, keep it simple and enjoy your life and good health.

Cheers,
Scott

I haven't found that, I find them really interesting and inspirational. This one looks a bit different as it seems to have a lot more talks on exercise/fitness rather than just diet.
Kaye

Postby katgirl55 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 pm

It all depends on your objective. I listen to summits for information, inspiration and also to stay abreast of the trends. I like to know what kind of info is floating around out there. This one seems geared towards fitness and having the right mindset. I will listen in if I have time.
katgirl55

Postby colonyofcells » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:17 am

For the second day, Janette Murray-Wakelin had some tips about breast cancer that does not agree with the recommendations of Dr Mcdougall. Dr mcdougall diet does not recommend the juicing and or blending popularized by raw vegan Ann Wigmore and the debunked Gerson diet (does not really cure cancer). Dr Terry Shintani has looked at both the raw vegans and the macrobiotic diet (cooked) who were using diets to cure cancer and both camps report some cancer cures. Without studies, these reported cancer cures could be just spontaneous remission and there are also a lot more cases of failure to cure cancer that we do not hear about since the patients have died and are unable to give testimonies altho we sometimes hear from the angry relatives about the failures to cure cancer.
colonyofcells

Postby colonyofcells » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:18 pm

A similar bunch of various speakers can be found in this year's 2017 san francisco veg fest which has been reduced from 2 days to just 1 day on sunday oct 1, entrance fee is $10 :
http://www.worldvegfestival.com/schedule/
Usually after 1 day, they post the videos on youtube.
colonyofcells

Postby colonyofcells » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:31 pm

For Day 3, Cam F Awesome is not just a great motivational speaker but a great comedian too. I am not aware of that many vegan advocates and vegan athletes who are also great comedians. In the past, I have seen some videos of professional comedians who are also vegans who tell some vegan jokes.
Bodybuilder Robert Cheeke says he is following the whole philosophy of T Colin Campbell and he no longer uses protein powder and oil. He consumes 3,000 calories per day mainly from brown rice, beans, potato, sweet potato, some fruits, avocado, olives, nuts.
Bodybuilder Sam Shorkey uses blenders and protein powder and supplements which are not recommended by Dr mcdougall. Dr Mcdougall does recommend b12 supplement.
Last edited by colonyofcells on Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
colonyofcells

Postby Kaye » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:13 pm

colonyofcells you are better at keeping up than me, I've only watched Dr Barnard and the long distance runner guy from Day 1 so far both of whom I really enjoyed. I always pick up something new from Dr Barnard and although I'm never likely to take up running I found Josh's talk really interesting especially the stuff about change. I did the plant based nutrition certificate earlier this year and Robert Cheeke gave a few lectures on it so I'm looking forward to seeing him.

They have now changed it so that all the lectures are available on the website after the 24 hr period if you have bought the summit package so that should make it easier for me to catch up.
Kaye

Next

Return to The Lounge