The (Plant Based) Diabetic Diner

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

The (Plant Based) Diabetic Diner

Postby Spiral » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:33 pm

This YouTube video might rank up there as the most clever video in the plant based universe.

Diabetes: The Food That Cures (Free Recipe Guide)

:P
Spiral

Re: The (Plant Based) Diabetic Diner

Postby healthyvegan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:24 pm

haha, thank you so much! I had the opportunity to film at the Youtube Space's temporary restaurant set & figured it'd be a great time to work with my friend Robby, the star of this vid, to promote some diabetes knowledge. I had no control over the lighting & had never filmed on a set or used expensive equipment & am obviously out of my element as a software developer making videos on veganism, but its fun & I am so happy so many people watch *most* of them! Thank you again for sharing it on here!
mrmrsvegan.com free whole starch low fat cookbook #wslf
healthyvegan

Postby Spiral » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:08 am

healthyvegan wrote:haha, thank you so much! I had the opportunity to film at the Youtube Space's temporary restaurant set & figured it'd be a great time to work with my friend Robby, the star of this vid, to promote some diabetes knowledge. I had no control over the lighting & had never filmed on a set or used expensive equipment & am obviously out of my element as a software developer making videos on veganism, but its fun & I am so happy so many people watch *most* of them! Thank you again for sharing it on here!

You're welcome. I like the fact that it features the couple from those "Happy Healthy Vegan" videos. It seems like an all-star cast of Los Angeles area vegans. I grew up in the Los Angeles area, east of Los Angeles in San Bernardino county. Watching your YouTube videos makes me wish I had never left Southern California.

P.S.

My sense based on viewing a few of Robby's videos is that your friend Robby advocates a fruit based diet. But having watched your videos, I believe you advocate a starch based diet. Is that a fair characterization? What, in your opinion, are the pros and cons of each?
Spiral

Postby healthyvegan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:29 am

Robby (a type 1) advocates/teaches a McDougall diet for his diabetes clients, but does his personal fruit based diet (in my opinion, which sorry if you read this Robby, lol) as a FU to the diabetes establishment. Same low fat carbohydrate based diet, one, whole mono & di saccharides vs whole poly saccharides. Since fructose metabolizes in the liver, without the need of insulin, I can see how it is sustainable for a diabetic, though not without extra efforts to find & travel with enough produce.

PS. we are always looking for an easier place to live. So Cal is a mad house with its own set of pro's and con's. The biggest pro is just getting to meet & interact with just about the entire world that comes through here.
mrmrsvegan.com free whole starch low fat cookbook #wslf
healthyvegan

Postby Skip » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:42 pm

I really like the song in the middle of the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFIQ070Se0E
"The fundamental principle of ethics is reverence for life" Albert Schweitzer
Skip

Postby Willijan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:21 pm

What a fun video! Didn't look like a beginner director to me.
Willijan

Postby Spiral » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:04 pm

Willijan wrote:What a fun video! Didn't look like a beginner director to me.

Agree completely.
Spiral

Return to The Lounge