Login/posting issues

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Login/posting issues

Postby vgpedlr » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:48 am

Me too. I've been lurking for days because I get randomly kicked out. Safari on both OS X and iOS.
vgpedlr

Postby Risto » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Me too. "Keep me logged in" seems to work, so far. Otherwise logging in takes 3-4 attempts to get in, and then I get randomly kicked out. This is definitely a change. I didn't use the "keep me logged in" option before, and it was fine like that.
Risto

Postby f1jim » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:13 pm

The keep me logged in feature places a cookie on your device. If you have any settings that refuse cookies the auto log in feature may not work properly. Many people have "refuse cookies" as their default setting in their browser.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby calvin » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:29 pm

The situation is even worse today. Took three logins in a row in order to even see any Boards with red posts. And then clicking on a new post logs me out. Bummer. Oh well.
calvin

Postby bbq » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:32 pm

It does sound like this particular one below:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2254941#p13689936
Visiting the board shows 2 sets of cookies, with a different SID for each, are being set (should be only one). So, it seems multiple sessions are being started.

And then I confirmed that myself after completely clearing everything that could be saved by the browser and verifying that nothing whatsoever was left in the cache/cookies folders:

One set of cookie would expire after approximately half an hour, and then another set should be good for one year.

Since multiple users with multiple devices running different operating systems and browsers were experiencing the same issues, it should be logically to check some settings on the server side IMHO.
bbq

Postby Risto » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:08 am

I tried removing all cookies from drmcdougall.com. After that, login worked on first attempt, but I got thrown out after two pages. Logging in again worked on first attempt, and allowed me to post this. This is on Firefox 54.0 on Linux. I did everything in one browser window, so there were no parallel login attempts. Looks like clearing old cookies doesn't completely fix this.
Risto

Postby AnnaSpanna » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:41 am

I'm on an ancient iPad and was logged out yesterday when I came here. Logged back in, ticked the right box.
Came back today, logged out again.
Not a big deal but just adding my 'me too' to the list. :)
AnnaSpanna

Postby JeffN » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:57 am

we have contacted the tech crew about this

Thanks
Jeff
JeffN

Postby Dave Dardinger » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:20 am

I hadn't come here for a while and when I did last night I had to log in to see which pages I'd read. I logged in about 3 times and got knocked out so I looked at the log-in page and clicked the log in automatically box and since then things have been fine.
I'm just here for the food.

Dave Dardinger

Postby greentea » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Wow, somehow I managed to login. Came here to say that I too have not been able to login for days from Safari.
greentea

Postby Chumly » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:25 am

I've also had trouble. I did click the box to keep me logged in and, so far, it's working. I prefer to manually log in each time.

Michael
Chumly

Postby calvin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:14 pm

The Boards issues continue and change from day to day.

Today, I was finally LoggedIn after 3 tries.
Today the Success Stories and Testimonials board is one of several Boards with Red icons indicating they contain posts unread by me.
Since I have in the past read all (yes, all, as in every single post) posts on several Boards including the Success Stories and Testimonials board, the fact that the Board icon is Red indicates at least one unread post.
Yet, when I go onto the Board, all posts are Blue. None are Red. This is a new phenom.
And when I back out of the Board, I find I'm no longer LoggedIn. That is not a new phenom.
Several other Boards behave properly...at least today.

Deletion of cookies has been discussed.
The LAST thing I would want to do is delete a/the cookie which saves the fact that I have read all the posts on any given Board...and so have to re-reed them in order to turn it Blue again.

Hopefully, the Boards are suffering a Healing Crisis which will resolve eventually under the influence of some healthy IT rendered by a website administrator.
calvin

Postby Jack Monzon » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Same issue here. :(
Jack Monzon

Postby patty » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:18 am

Same issues.
patty

Postby REWohsnus » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Wow! Terrible trouible trying to log in this afternoon - tried three times on Chrome - kicked me out immediately after what looked like a log in. Finally managed to get in using FireFox. Hope the issues clear up soon!
REWohsnus

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge