Login/posting issues

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Login/posting issues

Postby smudgemom » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:30 pm

Is anyone else having login and/or posting issues?
I sign on, post a comment, hit enter & it flips me back to the sign on page...several times.
Is it just me?
smudgemom

Re: Login/posting issues

Postby AlwaysAgnes » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:52 pm

smudgemom wrote:Is anyone else having login and/or posting issues?
I sign on, post a comment, hit enter & it flips me back to the sign on page...several times.
Is it just me?

On that sign in page there is probably a little box that says "keep me logged in" or something like that. It's been so long since I've seen it, I forget exactly the wording. Anyway, click on it and you should be able to post without getting logged out. When you're all done reading/posting, you can then logout or just stay logged in.
You don't have to wait to be happy.
AlwaysAgnes

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:47 pm

AlwaysAgnes wrote:[On that sign in page there is probably a little box that says "keep me logged in" or something like that. It's been so long since I've seen it, I forget exactly the wording. Anyway, click on it and you should be able to post without getting logged out. When you're all done reading/posting, you can then logout or just stay logged in.

Yes! The only time you will need to log in again (be sure to check that box) is when you clear cookies from your browser because those are how the site knows you are you.
GeoffreyLevens

Postby calvin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:32 pm

smudgemom wrote:Is anyone else having login and/or posting issues?
Is it just me?
You are not the only one. I posted about this in the Sandbox on 1July17. Problem started in late June. Something in the Discussion Board utility is corrupted. Checking the "log me in automaically every time" box has not worked for me. And, once checked, I have found no way to uncheck it. Website techies - PLEASE HELP! :crybaby:

Edit 11July17: These problems occur for me in both 64bit Mozilla Firefox and Chrome. Hopefully the website Admins understand that, while the website operating system may be working as usual for some, others of us are experiencing new-to-us numerous and repeatable problems.
Last edited by calvin on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
calvin

Postby f1jim » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:18 am

I am not an expert on the dynamics of this website software but when I come to this site I am logged in automatically unless I specifically log out. It's been that way for years. Could be my browser is logging me in with cookies. Perhaps those same cookies are forcing you to log in manually. I would start by going into my browser and removing all cookies and logging in like it's the first time and make sure you check the appropriate options to retain your information. It's a good place to start.
Also let us know your operating system and browser of choice. That's another option, try logging in with a different browser and seeing how it responds to repeated visits.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby viv » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:08 am

Yes I have had problems logging in the last couple of days. In fact logging in to reply to this post took me six tries! Each time I signed in it would flip back to the sign in page again. I'm logging in with chrome on a mac and I've recently updated my os to el capitan. Today I cleared the browsing data from the History and tried again still didn't work. I tried signing in again and I checked the box to keep permanently signed in and it worked because here I am. Hopefully this solves the problem.
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Postby roundcoconut » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:46 pm

I too have resorted to just viewing posts without logging in. Every time I log in, it just kicks me out again immediately. So, I am not using the "view new posts" screen anymore, which is how I used to keep up with the boards.

I've tried using Chrome instead of Safari, and I think it still does the same thing. Not sure why!

If anyone finds a workaround, or can give insight into why things are working right for them, please share with us! :)
roundcoconut

Postby AlwaysAgnes » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:02 pm

I use Mozilla. I don't use the view new posts screen. I can't remember the last time I had to log in, but I'm sure it was probably the last time I deleted cookies. :lol: I regularly clear my browsing and download history and cache, but I don't often delete cookies--mainly because I just hate the hassle of signing in to places. 8)
You don't have to wait to be happy.
AlwaysAgnes

Postby f1jim » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Dor those that don't know Mozilla is the organization that makes the Firefox browser. I use the 64 bit implementation called Waterfox. It's the fastest browser at the moment and both Waterfox/Firefox seem to work well with the website.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:50 pm

f1jim wrote:Dor those that don't know Mozilla is the organization that makes the Firefox browser. I use the 64 bit implementation called Waterfox. It's the fastest browser at the moment and both Waterfox/Firefox seem to work well with the website.
f1jim

I use it a Chrome and Safari and usually Chrome seems fastest w/ Safari close behind. Firefox trailing in 3rd. But that is not any sort of bench test, just my impressions
GeoffreyLevens

Postby f1jim » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:58 pm

Only the 64 bit version makes the claim to being the fastest. Waterfox, not Firefox is supposed to be faster than Chrome.
fjim
f1jim

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:00 pm

Ah, that's it then, I am woefully out of date on my info!
GeoffreyLevens

Postby Quinda » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:09 pm

Had trouble on PC. Just now had no trouble on tablet. Both using same browser.
Quinda

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:21 pm

Oh my! Just loaded Waterfox and it is so fast it singed my eyebrows clean off! Thanks for the tip!
GeoffreyLevens

Postby Quinda » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:49 am

I only needed to check the "keep me logged in" option on McDougall to make mine work. Did not have to change browsers or browser settings. Now works and I stay logged in.
Quinda

Next

Return to The Lounge