Cher

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Cher

Postby CarrotTopsRGreen » Thu May 25, 2017 8:19 am

OK, she's not 100% compliant with the McDougall WOE ... but she understands that dairy is not good for us; doesn't like meat; and eats a mostly low-fat vegetarian diet. Whatever she's doing, it's working for her ... but I'm amazed at the comments beneath the article. Naysayers chalking it up to genetics, plastic surgery, money, or saying she's not all that anyway and has a big gut. SAD eaters just will not accept the truth even when it's right in front of them. I'm especially interested in the 'fat' part, because it seems everything you pick up these days exhorts you to eat 'healthy' fats. What actually constitutes 'healthy' fats is up to interpretation and varies from avocados and nuts to steak and bacon. I especially like the part where she says she and Michelle Pfeiffer suddenly realized they could microwave a sweet potato in four minutes and it changed their lives.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/healtht ... cid=HPCDHP
CarrotTopsRGreen

Re: Cher

Postby patty » Thu May 25, 2017 10:38 am

Great for Cher, she looks fantastic. And practicing being starch based, we are socially conscious because of not only the health benefits but the awareness genetics is the gun, and lifestyle pulls the trigger. And there is no one more aware of that principle then Cher. That is why Dr. McDougall shares we just have to focus on what is on our plate.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby viv » Fri May 26, 2017 5:28 am

I agree Patty. And Michelle Pfeiffer also is a low fat vegetarian. Both Michelle and Cher base their diets on potatoes and veg and we can all see their fabulous results. All the naysayers who go on and on about low carb and how we need "good oils" etc. just need to look at the evidence before their eyes.

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Postby MINNIE » Fri May 26, 2017 12:44 pm

I love Cher.

It's nice to know that she is taking such good care of herself -and maybe helping a bit to give this WOE get a higher profile :-D .
MINNIE

Postby Atheria » Fri May 26, 2017 2:30 pm

I know that Michelle went low fat vegan a few years ago when she found out that despite her exercise and lean body, she had high cholesterol.

Peace,
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Return to The Lounge