European adventure

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: European adventure

Postby patty » Mon May 08, 2017 11:02 am

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time:) Living in Hawaii, when people travel that is what they miss the most. I have heard that before sometimes staffers on the ship would gift people with cooked rice, they had made in their quarters.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby Timaca » Tue May 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Thanks for your post Plumerias! I love traveling vicariously through you!!! :)
Timaca

Postby Lyndzie » Wed May 10, 2017 5:15 am

Good luck in Paris! I studied abroad there one summer. Be sure to pack a picnic one day and enjoy it on the lawn under the Eiffel Tower. Monoprix is a chain that has grocery and household basics, and is in many parts of town. Carrefour is kinda like a Walmart, but if I remember correctly is way out in the Boonies. I heard that there are an increasing amount of vegan options. Also, spicy olives and Rainer cherries are my two favorite foods from the market. Add a baguette and you have dinner! Bonne chance!!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Wed May 10, 2017 10:52 pm

While you are in Paris, go on the computer to Vegan Meetup and you will find a really great group of people doing very fun activities. We loved the little produce markets. There were also quite a few health food type markets where we could get all of the products we typically use here, and some that are very hard to find here, like injera bread. Also, check out Loving Hut. I'm not real fond of the ones in the SF Bay Area--mostly Asian food cooked in oil. In the one in Paris, we had nice vegan crepes.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby KatherineUK » Thu May 25, 2017 6:29 am

Looking forward to meeting/hosting Plumerias +1 in July ... now where is that vase ... :nod: :nod: :nod:
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

If we don't try we don't do; and if we don't do why are we here on this earth?
KatherineUK

Postby f1jim » Thu May 25, 2017 7:18 am

Terri and I are so jealous!
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby KatherineUK » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:18 pm

Had a great afternoon with D and D putting the world to rights. Slight mistake on the food front as I forgot to ask for food preferences and D doesn't like mushrooms ... otherwise great fun ... bon voyage guys x
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

If we don't try we don't do; and if we don't do why are we here on this earth?
KatherineUK

Postby Plumerias » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:53 am

We had a lovely visit with Katherine. The kitchens in the UK have all been difficult to cook more than one pot type meals, in fact, not one has had a pot large enough for soup or pasta for two, so the three delicious, compliant dishes Katherine provided, sigh, heavenly. As for the mushrooms, DH loves them and was more than happy to have eaten my share! From both of us, thanks again for your kind hospitality Katherine.
Plumerias

Previous

Return to The Lounge