CMV offers vegan cruise in Norway

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

CMV offers vegan cruise in Norway

Postby Taggart » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:06 am

http://www.cruisetradenews.com/vegan-oc ... -from-cmv/

Cruise & Maritime Voyages (CMV) in association with Vegan Travel, has announced a special all Vegan ocean cruise on board its new flagship Columbus sailing on 25 September 2017 from the London Cruise Terminal at Tilbury to the Norwegian Fjords.

The menu on this cruise will be 100% Vegan with buffets and multi-course dinners onboard along with guest speakers offering knowledge on vegan subjects, lifestyle classes and a wellness programme including Yoga and Pilates.

The cruise is priced from £669pp including gratuities.

The vegan cruise will include workshops and lectures from guest speakers including: Dr Michael Greger, a physician and expert on nutrition, food safety and public health issues and author of the New York Times Best Seller, ‘How Not to Die’; Melanie Joy, a psychologist and author of ‘Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows’; Julieanna Hever also known as The Plant-Based dietician and a passionate advocate of the miracles associated with following a whole food, plant-based diet; and Wendy Turner Webster, TV presenter and expert on jewellery and crafts made from recycled materials.
Taggart

Re: CMV offers vegan cruise in Norway

Postby Dougalling » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:25 am

Hi

It's a vegan cruise so we will be able to order steamed vegetables, no oil, no sugar, no salt.
Hopefully, there will be a few wfpb entrees no sos available.
Can we check the menu before booking?
Dougalling

Postby Thrasymachus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Uggh, Norway in September. Life is too short for me to visit countries with crappier, colder climates than Northern NJ.
Thrasymachus

Postby jld » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:00 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:Uggh, Norway in September. Life is too short for me to visit countries with crappier, colder climates than Northern NJ.

:D
A clean life is its own reward.
jld

Postby Timaca » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:32 pm

I was looking at this the other day. I doubt that it will work for me since it is during my husband's birthday. And while he has agreed to such a voyage sometime, I don't think it will be agreeable to him over his birthday.....I think he has his eye on a warmer cruise during that time. :D

I'd love to catch such a cruise sometime however. We will be going to the South Caribbean in a few weeks with Royal Caribbean. I have multiple food intolerances, and I eat primarily vegan (very occasional fresh fish if in Hawaii or Seattle)... I can usually find food to eat on cruises but I bet I could find even more food to eat on a vegan cruise...which is why I would like to try one.... plus the whole mindset is so different.....went to a VegFest recently and really enjoyed it. People are so kind and encouraging and respectful of others and the environment.....would love to feel that again, and on a cruise it would be most wonderful!!

Best,
Timaca

Postby LoriLynn » Fri May 26, 2017 5:19 pm

We just signed up our family of 4. I am really looking forward to spectacular scenery, and the only thing I have to worry about food is the oil/fat. I am so excited! I really hope there are some good fat free options available. Seeing Dr. Greger is another big plus!! :-D
LoriLynn

Postby f1jim » Sat May 27, 2017 8:21 am

Oils/Fats would be my concern, also. If the food is like most vegan faire in restaurants I can do better in steak houses. If someone does attend please post a recap of the food for us.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Werner1950 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:20 am

Does Dr Greger not advocate oil free food?
"An ounce of evidence is worth a pound of presumption"
Werner1950

Postby f1jim » Sat May 27, 2017 9:24 am

I know he personally eats oil free.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby MINNIE » Sat May 27, 2017 2:59 pm

ggh, Norway in September. Life is too short for me to visit countries with crappier, colder climates than Northern NJ.

Thrasymachus

Funny :). But actually, I have been to Norway in September and it wasn't bad at all. Of course it depends on how far north you go, and how many layers you wear.

I live in Wisconsin so what the heck - it could have been colder and it wouldn't have bothered me much. Weather wise, It felt sort of like they were about three weeks further into autumn than we were in Madison (if that makes any sense).

Anyway it is so beautiful that you won't regret going there.

To those who are going, have a great trip -wish I was there!
MINNIE

Postby vgpedlr » Sun May 28, 2017 9:08 am

MINNIE wrote:
ggh, Norway in September. Life is too short for me to visit countries with crappier, colder climates than Northern NJ.

Thrasymachus

Funny :). But actually, I have been to Norway in September and it wasn't bad at all. Of course it depends on how far north you go, and how many layers you wear.

I live in Wisconsin so what the heck - it could have been colder and it wouldn't have bothered me much. Weather wise, It felt sort of like they were about three weeks further into autumn than we were in Madison (if that makes any sense).
I
Anyway it is so beautiful that you won't regret going there.

To those who are going, have a great trip -wish I was there!

've been to Western Norway in midsummer and it was fantastic. September should also be good. But it does really depend on latitude. I imagine it would be similar to Alaska cruises, which people I've talked t rave about. Definitely need a good selection of layers.
vgpedlr

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Sun May 28, 2017 3:57 pm

Norway is on my bucket list and this cruise would be just in time for my 68th birthday. Maybe . . .
Vanilla Orchid

Return to The Lounge