Looking for WFPB family counselors

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Looking for WFPB family counselors

Postby gracezw » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:21 pm

I am looking for family counselors who support whole food plant based diet and lifestyle? Any ideas?
gracezw

Re: Looking for WFPB family counselors

Postby patty » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:38 am

From my experience it is really hard working with family. I have to keep remembering we are all a work in progress because it is a social disease. I imagine finding a WFBP counseler will be a challenge but maybe getting them to sit through a moive might help. I really liked this YouTube BBQ posted on QA of Eating You Alive http://youtu.be/S22oMpjcwuE
In essence it states to show your concern of losing them as it our nature to want to help and they might make that turn to help you. And be the best example you can be. The biggest two fears is food won't be tasty enough and they won't be satisfied.

They didn't mention it but I think digestion is a issue/concern that isn't talked about. Having a issue of "Dr McDougall's Digestive Tune Up" and "McDougall's Medicine: A Challenging Second Opinion" around the house is good for reference. Most important keep working on yourself.

You can always go to a Ala-non meeting for support in fact I should give that a try. I think it is really true, in the above link it is our nature to want to help, and that message will resonate you want help. I have found members in Ala-non have very clever and loving approaches. And of course food/money is the core as taste/satity.

Aloha, Patty
patty

Postby Dougalling » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:40 am

Dr Doug Lisle ?
Dougalling

Postby bbq » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:16 am

bbq

Postby gracezw » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:43 am

Patty, Dougalling and BBQ:

Thank you! One of my family members has been doing well in an alcohol recovery program.

I think I have anxiety issues. I have a 12-year-old son. While maintaining a WFPB lifestyle, I manage diseases in the family and provide home caregiving too.

I think I will call Dr Doug Lisle soon.
gracezw

Postby gracezw » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:53 am

I have seen three family counselors. Two of them have been helpful. My concern is that, because they do not understand/practice WFPB, I cannot discuss further issues with them. WFPB is the base for all deep issues for me.
gracezw

Return to The Lounge