Poll: Do You Feed Your Dog Vegan Dog Food?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Do You Feed Your Dog Vegan Dog Food?

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes : 18

Re: Poll: Do You Feed Your Dog Vegan Dog Food?

Postby katgirl55 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:28 pm

BlueGene wrote:Image

I don't have a dog so cannot respond to the poll. I have cats and feed them regular cat food. They are extremely finicky, so when I find a brand they will eat I stick with it. I tried to feed them food I bought from Whole Foods and they turned up their noses. They do not eat "people" food and have no interest in what I'm eating, but they sure know when it's their "foo-foo time".

BlueGene that is the cutest dog! I can't see the other photos posted by Kaye - for some reason my work PC will only show certain ones.
katgirl55

Postby BlueGene » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Sure, Kaye, we can all join in!

Mountain, I was expecting something funny looking. She's adorable! I love designer dogs. Remember they were called mutts?

Here's Cocoa, my eight month old, seven pound Chihuahua. She's the largest one in her family.

BlueGene

Postby BlueGene » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:40 pm

katgirl55 wrote:
BlueGene wrote:Image

I don't have a dog so cannot respond to the poll. I have cats and feed them regular cat food. They are extremely finicky, so when I find a brand they will eat I stick with it. I tried to feed them food I bought from Whole Foods and they turned up their noses. They do not eat "people" food and have no interest in what I'm eating, but they sure know when it's their "foo-foo time".

BlueGene that is the cutest dog! I can't see the other photos posted by Kaye - for some reason my work PC will only show certain ones.

She's using photobucket for her pics and your workplace probably has that blocked.

Personally, I wouldn't feed a cat a vegan diet. It's too risky. Dogs seem to do fine and sometimes even better on vegan diets.
BlueGene

Postby katgirl55 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:17 pm

Yes, from what I have read cats are true carnivores. I have had cats that are beggars, but my current clowder of cats are all very polite and do not bother me at all while I eat. I will get some stink-eye if I look too leisurely when foo-foo time rolls around. I have them trained to eat their canned food at 5:45 when I get home from work. Even on my days off they know exactly when that is! Animals are so amazing.

I will have to look at kaye's photos when I get home.
katgirl55

Postby Poison Ivy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:26 pm

I am sorry but I simply can not afford to feed my cat or dog raw meat. I do feed my cat dry kibble and she seems to do ok.
Poison Ivy

Postby katgirl55 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:24 pm

I can see all the photos finally and they are just adorable! I so wish I had a bigger house and was home more to be able to have a dog. I love my cats though.

Poison Ivy, I feed them kibble too, along with one 6 ounce can of food they share in the evening. Feeding them raw food would not be practical.
katgirl55

Postby Katydid » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:47 am

I feed my dogs a combination of age formulated kibble mixed with a small amount of canned dog food. Neither are vegan. They seem to do fine. My last dog lived to be 16 and my current dog is 12 and still doing great.
Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Previous

Return to The Lounge