New Political Forum

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

New Political Forum

Postby John McDougall » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:32 am

Topics of politics have become a distraction from this discussion board which is to help people with their diet, medical problems, and general health. Therefore, I have created a separate forum. Topics with a political tone posted in all other parts of the board will be deleted. No exceptions.

John McDougall, MD
John McDougall
Site Admin

Re: New Political Forum

Postby dlee » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:50 pm

Sounds like a good idea! Feliz Navidad! and Happy healthy eating in 2017. dlee
dlee

Postby sirdle » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:24 pm

Thank you so much! :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby memkat » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Brilliant Idea! Thank You!

Kathleen
memkat

Postby BlueGene » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:07 pm

Thank you!

BlueGene

Postby landog » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:15 pm

Thank you!
landog

Postby hope101 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:03 pm

Thank you, Dr. McDougall. Regretfully, I'm not sure that's going to be sufficient. Please have a look at the "memes" being posted there at present. I don't think they reflect the values of the community you've strived so diligently to build and maintain. IMHO, a few approach the line of hate speech.

If you decide to keep the present structure, is there any way for a user to block the forum altogether from appearing on their screen? That won't help the lurkers avoid seeing the ugliness, but at least it provides an option. I'm trying to follow Dr. Lisle's advice about setting up my environment to minimize temptation around unhealthy choices.
hope101

Postby Chikiwing » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:39 am

hope101 wrote:Thank you, Dr. McDougall. Regretfully, I'm not sure that's going to be sufficient. Please have a look at the "memes" being posted there at present. I don't think they reflect the values of the community you've strived so diligently to build and maintain. IMHO, a few approach the line of hate speech.

The meme thread. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. You must be cautious.
“Americanism, not Globalism, will be our credo!”― Donald J. Trump
Chikiwing

Postby Poison Ivy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:03 pm

hope101 wrote:Thank you, Dr. McDougall. Regretfully, I'm not sure that's going to be sufficient. Please have a look at the "memes" being posted there at present. I don't think they reflect the values of the community you've strived so diligently to build and maintain. IMHO, a few approach the line of hate speech.

If you decide to keep the present structure, is there any way for a user to block the forum altogether from appearing on their screen? That won't help the lurkers avoid seeing the ugliness, but at least it provides an option. I'm trying to follow Dr. Lisle's advice about setting up my environment to minimize temptation around unhealthy choices.
I so agree with you Hope. Thanks for posting. Many others feel like this also.
Poison Ivy

Postby Kaye » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:37 pm

Agree so much with your post - sadly my post on that thread saying so was deleted yet the hate remains which I find so sad on a lovely forum like this.
Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate, Completed February 2017, T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies and eCornell
Kaye

Postby smudgemom » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am

I've mentioned before, I don't come to this forum much anymore since it's lost its luster. I retreated pre-Political group when the threads always got icky.

Fast forward several weeks, today I decided to come back & re-evaluate my McDougall Forum experience.

Oh.
My.

The Political group is beyond ugly.
Curious, I clicked on the Religion group to see if it had the same tone. Nope.
Humm.
Just the Political group....which I surprised religion eeked into the Political group, as well.
Wow.

For that reason alone, I will not recommend this forum to ANYONE considering the McDougall Program.

I belong to another open forum where the rules about politics/religion, personal attacks, negative in tone are immediately removed. The moderators will not allow ugliness cloud their forum which represents their brand. And there are negative people everywhere who will try to upset the apple cart whenever they can.

As for the McDougall Forum, leaving the Political group intact represents Dr. McDougall's brand. Not a good look.
And for the 4-yr term of our current Political life? Good luck.

I miss the 'lettuce days' of supportive, kind, caring McDougall Forum.
smudgemom

Postby Poison Ivy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:31 pm

I agree. Best to stay away from hateful people. :)
Poison Ivy

Postby healthyvegan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:49 am

Those who retreat from the hate take a moment to realize that a PR firm for the AG Industry knows that politics and religion is the easiest way to divide us. Decide if you were trolled into turning away by these master minds who plant interns in vegan forums solely to disrupt and seem part of the group. If you don't know the hater, see them on Facebook you might be doing exactly what an AG Troll intended. Do your best to diffuse and in the back of your mind question why this person is trying to dissuade you from the healthiest place on the internet. Trust but verify and report haters.
mrmrsvegan.com free whole starch low fat cookbook #wslf
healthyvegan

Postby Poison Ivy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying or trying to say.
Poison Ivy

Postby hazelrah » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:19 pm

smudgemom wrote:
As for the McDougall Forum, leaving the Political group intact represents Dr. McDougall's brand. Not a good look.
And for the 4-yr term of our current Political life? Good luck.

Huh? The reason the forum was created was to keep divisive political statements from distracting the primary focus of the forums; to provide the members whatever help they need to adhere to this lifestyle. And, frankly, just as with the worst of the drivel posted in the political topics forum, to come back here once every few months just to post an unhelpful, derogatory statement about these forums displays a level of illness that I'm afraid even complete strict adherence to this lifestyle cannot cure.

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Next

Return to The Lounge