Favorite breakfast?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Favorite breakfast?

Postby Taggart » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:42 am

Found this from an interview with Dr. Michael Greger at the Blue Zones site:

"This morning I had chocolate cherry mint oatmeal: cooked oatmeal with some mashed cannellini beans, mixed with a tablespoon of cocoa, a drained can of tart cherries, pumpkin seeds, bahri dates for sweetness, and topped with some fresh mint leaves from the garden. Yum!"

Sounds easy to make, and I'm getting hungry thinking about it. May try it some day.

https://www.bluezones.com/2015/12/how-n ... greger-md/
Taggart

Postby Old Guy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:41 am

I chop up an apple, orange, banana and add blueberries and raspberries. And sometimes I will add cooked quinoa as well. Mix it together and eat. It is about 2 cups fruit and 1/2 cup cooked quinoa.
Old Guy

Postby MaureenR » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:55 pm

I eat a bowl of oat groats cooked in water, sprinkled with nutmeg, cardamom, and cinnamon, and topped with stewed apples and defrosted wild blueberries. I never get bored with this.
MaureenR

Postby graciezoe » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:16 pm

I always have a mix of; barley, oats, buckwheat, amaranth, millet and cornmeal. I add 1/2 a banana and 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree eith cardamon spice in the fall and winter, in the spring I add berries and mangos instead of the pumpkin.
A HCLF Vegan.
Cardio Goal: 650 minutes a week on treadclimber and Bowflex Max 5 plus, weekend hikes.

Starting weight on 3/2014 was 304 lbs
Weight as of 4/2016 is 114 lbs
graciezoe

Postby colonyofcells » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:06 pm

Soak brown rice overnight. Boil mushrooms with brown rice. Pour over greens. Add natto.
colonyofcells

Postby PeripateticDanielle » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:54 pm

Right now it's a stew like kimchi stew or doenjang stew with mixed rice.

I had oatmeal almost every morning for about two years and I got so sick of it I barely ever eat it now. I'm not the type of person to eat something all the time, so I suppose that is a testament to how much I enjoyed the oatmeal that it lasted that long in my daily diet. At first I had it with lots of fruit, then after a looooong time I got sick of sweet breakfasts and had it with savory spices, nutritional yeast, lots of black pepper, and halved cherry tomatoes. That lasted for a while until I couldn't stand it anymore.
PeripateticDanielle

Previous

Return to The Lounge