Safe non-stick

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Safe non-stick

Postby StarchHEFP » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:28 pm

mountain wrote:So I just returned the Gotham pan because it was warping on just medium and low heat! Decided to just stick with the one non stick I have for my wraps and the rest I do in my good stainless steel pots!

Great call! Stainless is best! A friend of mine swears by the ScanPan (only the higher models that contain titanium)
StarchHEFP

Postby Langeranger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Coming from you Geoffrey, I'm reasured. Thanks for your always sage input. Don
Langeranger

Postby mack45 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:22 am

This is great information as I suffer from Iron overload and can not use cast iron pans. I am now using the copper but it is no longer nonstick.
Not sure what to go back to now.
mack45

Postby Old Guy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:03 am

mack45 wrote:This is great information as I suffer from Iron overload and can not use cast iron pans. I am now using the copper but it is no longer nonstick.
Not sure what to go back to now.

Interesting as I'm at the other end of the scale. My iron is at the bottom of the scale, if not below the scale. I was always tired and no energy and since eating more iron foods and using my cast iron pans, my iron and energy are improving.
Old Guy

Postby Langeranger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:54 am

Thanks for the reassuring words Geoffrey.
Langeranger

Previous

Return to The Lounge