How To Think About These Blood Pressure Changes...

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby ChuckH » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:47 pm

I have deleted my question because the responses were off topic because they were not responsive to the question I actually asked. Thanks.
Last edited by ChuckH on Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChuckH

Re: How To Think About These Blood Pressure Changes...

Postby colonyofcells » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:12 pm

I think it is a great idea to eat greens 3x a day or more frequently.
colonyofcells

Postby VeggieSue » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:34 am

Dr. Esselstyn's current guidelines are for greens 6 times a day for his cardiac patients. He also said in a video that it's best to use a bit of balsamic vinegar with them to increase the release of nitric oxide from them. This is what helps keep those arteries open, much like nitroglycerine tablets do for people with angina.

"Beets, broccoli, cauliflower, bok-choy, Swiss chard, kale, collards, beet greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, Napa cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cilantro, parsley, spinach, arugula, etc 6 times a day for those specific people who have significant cardiovascular issues"

Dr. E's book is Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, and his web site is http://www.dresselstyn.com. He and Dr. McDougall are buddies and his wife Ann used to hand out Mary McDougall's recipes to their patients before she started developing her own.
VeggieSue

Postby geo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:35 am

Simple! Don't.

BP varies throughout the day all day long. Many, many variables can cause BP changes...such as time of day, stress levels, what you eat, how you feel, when you exercise and how hard, how hot you are or how cold, your emotions, your physical actiivity during the day, etc...

Stop worrying over BP and instead...

Do what is important!

Staying on the McDougall program 100%. You already know you have CVD issues and you need to heal them. The best way to do that is to be very strict on the program and more specifically I would recommend the Maximum Weight Loss program (MWL) along with Jeff's guidelines, principles and recommendations. Its the quickest way to heal yourself nutritionally. But you have to follow it strictly and continuously...for life if you expect the best results.

Stop worrying about whats not imporant and simply do what is. Follow the program 100% and come back in 3 months and tell us how you feel...and yes if you must, tell us your BP :lol:
geo

My 1 year Journal McDougalling and results Testimonial
My March 2013 Star McDougaller Story
Some Random Thoughts on Successful McDougalling
geo

Return to The Lounge