Fat-soluble vitamins absorption

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Fat-soluble vitamins absorption

Postby wyfbaby » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:14 pm

Do we still absorb fat-soluble vitamins if no over fats are present in the meal? I oftentimes eat sweet potatoes with veggies, and sweet potatoes are really low in fat so is this an issue or a non issue?
wyfbaby

Re: Fat-soluble vitamins absorption

Postby colonyofcells » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:37 pm

Both sweet potato and vegetables have small amounts of fat so I would not worry. Mcdougall diet does allow some nuts and seeds, avocado, olives, soy, etc.
colonyofcells

Re: Fat-soluble vitamins absorption

Postby geo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:29 am

All real foods contain fat and carbs and protein in some proportion. Only processed foods may be missing any particular macro nutrient (aka sugar, "fat-free" processed foods, etc...)

There is plenty of fat within this program to more than provide for proper absorbsion of fat soluble vitamins to provide adequate nutrition. (and understand we only need adequate nutrients for a proper optimal diet.) There's absolutely no need to add extra fats to this program. If your truly concerned ask our resident Registered Dietician, Jeff Novick in his forum.
geo

My 1 year Journal McDougalling and results Testimonial
My March 2013 Star McDougaller Story
Some Random Thoughts on Successful McDougalling
geo

Return to The Lounge