Basic Facts About Fat

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Basic Facts About Fat

Postby z a b » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:46 am

I would like to have a better understanding of the mechanism of fat digestion and metabolism and have attempted to reach the information for which I am searching, but to no avail.

I would like to know the following:
1. How long does it take for dietary fat to be absorbed into the bloodstream?
2. Is there a difference in the rate of absorption between isolated fat (oil) and the fat found naturally in food?
3. What is the reason that the ingestion of fat results in almost-immediate sluggishness?
4. How long does it take for blood fat to be evacuated of the blood, and does it happen gradually?

Thanks,
Maor.
z a b

Re: Basic Facts About Fat

Postby pundit999 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:15 am

z a b wrote:I would like to have a better understanding of the mechanism of fat digestion and metabolism and have attempted to reach the information for which I am searching, but to no avail.

I would like to know the following:
1. How long does it take for dietary fat to be absorbed into the bloodstream?
2. Is there a difference in the rate of absorption between isolated fat (oil) and the fat found naturally in food?
3. What is the reason that the ingestion of fat results in almost-immediate sluggishness?
4. How long does it take for blood fat to be evacuated of the blood, and does it happen gradually?

Thanks,
Maor.

There is food talk by Dr Klapner. You have to pay I guess less than $5 for it but it deals with issues such as the ones you have.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/digestion
pundit999

Re: Basic Facts About Fat

Postby calvin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:08 pm

I paid $10 and it is well worth it.
calvin

Return to The Lounge