Bay Area people attending the Advanced Study Weekend?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Bay Area people attending the Advanced Study Weekend?

Postby LuckyMomma » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:17 pm

Hi everybody,

I have lots of excuses to not attend the Advanced Study Weekend, I would definitely be more encouraged to go if I knew I could meet some new friends in the Bay Area. A part of me really wants to attend. My daughter told me, " you already know everything, I think you should go if you get somebody to go with you." The problem is that the people I know who could really benefit are not interested.
LuckyMomma

Re: Bay Area people attending the Advanced Study Weekend?

Postby vgpedlr » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 pm

Just go and meet people there. It's a fantastic event, and your daughter is wrong, you do not know everything already. The ASW showcases various speakers with a valuable message that may or may not coincide with Dr McDougall's. It's a fantastic event, and being able to see and hear people live is invaluable. It's very inspiring and motivating. Jim often brings a Pacifica crew along, and other NorCal types attend as well. You won't regret it.
vgpedlr

Postby f1jim » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:59 pm

There are at least 4 Bay Area people attending at this point but I expect that number to rise in the coming weeks. I'd be happy to introduce you to the Bay Area people that I know at the event. I do hope to see you there. I believe you will find it well worth your time and expense to attend. I must warn you that these events can be addicting. This has nothing to do with the great food.
Don't worry about who does or does not accept the message of a healthy diet. All great changes start from within yourself and that is who you should focus on.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby vgpedlr » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:10 am

Do be forewarned: Interfering with Jim and the Thai noodles is risky business.
vgpedlr

Return to The Lounge