Really worried about worsening condition on low fat diet...

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Really worried about worsening condition on low fat diet

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Fri May 27, 2016 8:08 am

I have learned so much valuable information in this particular thread from Patty and Sagefemme that I would not have learned from my GYN. I thought that this was the ENTIRE POINT of having this forum.. information sharing...

I too hope the OP is seeking professional medical advice but also continuing to do her own research so that she can make a fully informed decision. I am now armed with a long list of questions and options for myself which is priceless.

Yes agree, sorry I only meant to discourage following an internet diagnosis.

GeoffreyLevens wrote:
"Genetics loads the gun, diet pulls the trigger"

Sounds like quite the indictment,and I'm sure you didn't intend it to be. I know it is a catchy phrases and rolls off our tongue so effortlessly. Not EVERYTHING is due solely to lack of proper diet.

Diet definitely NOT the whole story but most often a major driver of whatever ails, not always and even then not 100% by any means. And not at all a personal indictment no matter what, but an indictment of our culture and $ driven food environment in general. We are all subject to the hypnosis and most are here because for many long years we succumbed to in not knowing any better.
GeoffreyLevens

Previous

Return to The Lounge