Therapeutic oils?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Therapeutic oils?

Postby Nell » Tue May 03, 2016 2:49 am

Hello all, I'm looking into getting some essential oils from young living. I have heard great things and would like to have handy for occasional headaches or anxiety. I do not like to take pills as I will for a headache. I do have anxiety issues and there are blends made just for that.
Has anyone had any positive outcomes? ......or, should I save my money?
Nell

Re: Therapeutic oils?

Postby colonyofcells » Tue May 03, 2016 9:12 am

colonyofcells

Postby soul food » Tue May 03, 2016 4:22 pm

soul food

Postby patty » Tue May 03, 2016 5:17 pm

There is a great app The Modren Essentials https://blog.aromatools.com/2014/06/01/ ... available/ I know i am really happy I purchased it. And if you do purchase it be sure to check out what they say about Alzhiemiers. Hospitals practice No Placebo. I practice Faith based medicine.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby patty » Wed May 04, 2016 4:16 am

Oh... I was sharing the 2nd episode that explains essential oils: A Truth About Cancer a Global Quest: episode 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK_sX5ko8SE Somewhere in the video it is shared that certain essential oils are small enough penetrate the cells in the vessels entering into the brain, breaking the brain barrier. I was surprised when it in the Modern Essential app.

I have to say I have witnessed amazing recovery from chemo brain with frankincense. Of course some people would dismiss it as again our culture/medical system is a no placebo, which is designed that way so we look beyond.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby -mermaid- » Wed May 04, 2016 8:54 am

Aromatherapy has been very effective for me personally, and for many of my clients--especially for anxiety relief.

I know that the Young Living line is a little pricey (but very good). I don't think it needs to be super expensive to work. :)

(I am a massage therapist and a Reiki practitioner).
-mermaid-

Postby katgirl55 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:28 pm

I think there is something to aromatherapy. Our local farmer's market has a guy who sells lavender buds and a spray made from the essential oils. I purchased both because I find it soothing for stressful times. I also like the smell of certain incenses and I use a diffuser at home rather than chemical air fresheners. I buy oils from Whole Foods. I know there is the doTerra brand, but it looks like an MLM thing which I avoid. Not sure about the Young Living brand but someone mentions it is pricey. Why not test a few lower priced oils to see how you like them?
katgirl55

Postby patty » Wed May 04, 2016 3:16 pm

I purchase do Terra, as some of them you can take internally. The trick is to purchase or transfer the essential oil into a small bottle as with the smaller bottles when the drop falls out it is at a slower rate, easier to control. I like Simplers Botanicals. The Young Living line.. I haven't tired as yet. I am sure it is excellent. I have purchased other brands from the health food store I have always been pleased. And in using them instead of the chemical air refreshers is a great factor to dispel dis ease. Lemon and orange aren't that expensive. At Simply Organized have a great inexpensive spray bottle. Even using a vinegar spray as a cleaner would be great.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby Nell » Wed May 04, 2016 4:00 pm

Thank you so much for the replies no see that NOW brand has pure oils. I wonder if these are of good quality??
Nell

Return to The Lounge