Amazing article in UK newspaper on The Starch Solution

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Amazing article in UK newspaper on The Starch Solution

Postby lilypad » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:56 am

I am sooo excited about this!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... rowns.html

The Daily Mail is one of the main UK papers and their website is very popular. There's an amazing article today about the Youtuber- High Carb Hannah who follows the Starch Solution.

This is the first time I've ever seen anything like this in UK media.

I am going to comment on the article to say how this has helped me with weight loss and regaining my health.
lilypad

Re: Amazing article in UK newspaper on The Starch Solution

Postby Morrigan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:35 am

Yep, brilliant publicity :-) Tide's turning? Time to move over Paleo . . .
Morrigan

Postby pundit999 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:59 am

Excellent! Thanks for posting.
pundit999

Postby f1jim » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:18 am

Maybe it is a crack in the dam as the UK press has been pretty negative for a long time. Maybe we just wore them down!
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby lilypad » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:51 am

f1jim wrote:Maybe it is a crack in the dam as the UK press has been pretty negative for a long time. Maybe we just wore them down!
f1jim

I'm always saying on here, that the UK is really behind compared to the USA in talking about veganism/ PBD. I think it's because a lot of our health advice is governed by the NHS/ government.

Whereas the USA, you guys have more freedom in choosing your healthcare. Not saying either is better or worse, btw.

I would never ever see veganism/ PBD discussed on daytime TV over here, yet in America there's people like Ellen, Oprah, Wendy Williams, Dr Oz etc discussing veganism- health and animal welfare.

So I am so happy that the Daily Mail has picked this up- and including the Starch Solution book.
lilypad

Postby Taggart » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:31 am

Thanks for the link above. Appreciate it.

Someone in the letters section commented that she was on the Mark Watney diet. Couldn't remember who Mark Watney was, so looked it up. Oh yeah, the astronaut who went to Mars and survived on potatoes in that movie.

Did some more digging around and found a website that will "Mail a Spud" for you. Service only available to Americans though, not for us foreigners.

Also in the letters section in another site regarding Mark Watney's diet someone mentioned that they had a co-worker who eats exclusively potatoes. "She was clinical diagnosed when she was really young to have selective eating disorder. Anything else makes her sick." She's only 21 and has been eating this way most of her life.

Made me realize how lucky I am.
Taggart

Return to The Lounge