Heifers, Int.

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Heifers, Int.

Postby mike at the river » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:22 pm

There a commercial on TV, asking for donations, $20/mo, for Heifers, Int, to buy cows, goats for third world families, so that they have milk and "no more children go hungry". Does anyone have an opinion on this?
mike at the river

Re: Heifers, Int.

Postby colonyofcells » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:56 pm

Heifers Int seems to have begun around 1944 when we were not that aware of global warming yet and our population was lower.
colonyofcells

Postby Dougalling » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi

Check out this thread as it discusses Heifer and optional organizations.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49887&hilit=heifer+international
Dougalling

Postby Jumpstart » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:02 am

I've supported them for about 11 years now ever since I first heard of their work.
Jumpstart

Postby Lesliec1 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:47 am

Every year around this time I try to post articles to warn people on facebook about this horrible organization. It breaks my heart that kind, well-intentioned people are harming animals in such great numbers and supporting a cruel organization.

http://freefromharm.org/agriculture-environment/10-reasons-to-say-no-to-animal-gifting-hunger-orgs/

So many reasons but even on face value: Why in the world would you give poor people more mouths to feed? I think people must get a pretty picture in their heads. Somehow they think poor people live out in the "country" on pretty grassy fields. That is not reality.

I know most people here don't care about animals but if you do, please spend time googling and re-evaluate this horrible organization. Warning people helps animals. People really don't know any better!
Lesliec1

Postby mike at the river » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Thanks, Leslie
mike at the river

Return to The Lounge