Cholesterol will not go down

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Cholesterol will not go down

Postby docscience » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:05 pm

One interesting point that I see often on the forum, is people that are trying to figure out why their testing numbers are not where they would like. Mine are also not all yet where I would like.

I think it would be a good project for someone to take one or more different problems that people talk about on the board, and make something like a trouble shooting manual which includes different attempted solutions and what been seen to be beneficial for different people. Maybe parts of this has already been covered in detail in the archives. For those cases, we could use some type of index page, which would be easier than using the search feature to hunt the information. This may already be have been done in part.

I see so often, that when someone posts about a problem, there are others with the same issue.

I really HATE my profile picture, but it reminds me to watch my eating. For me, that is a good motivator.
MyTest results viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39555
5'8" , started- sept. 2013 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
docscience

Postby Alvah » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:55 pm

There is only one way to reduce cholesterol and that is 100 percent compliance. Absolutely no fat. No avocados, olives, nuts, seeds or coconut as per Dr. Esselstyn. Obviously no animal products. No oil. There is no healthy oil. My cholesterol is 107 in the American scale, 2.79 Canadian. My lab report two weeks ago read "low-abnormal". Abnormal is the target to aim for.
Alvah

Postby colonyofcells » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:03 pm

I believe Dr Esselstyn allows for a small amount of flax seed powder, chia seed and sesame seed. The Starch Solution picture book has avocado, nuts and seeds in the caution list but they are allowed. Olives are mainly used as condiments so probably unlikely to overuse olives plus olives are quite salty.
colonyofcells

Previous

Return to The Lounge