你是中國人?Looking for help in Chinese!

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 你是中國人?Looking for help in Chinese!

Postby UtahJane » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:02 pm

BBQ: This is terrific! Thanks for sharing this. I'm excited to continue sharing with my friend!
UtahJane

Postby UtahJane » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:04 pm

StarchHEFP wrote:
Please go to 21daykickstart.org and try out the 3-week plan - it has included a lot of recipes! And 4 versions: American, Indian, Chinese, and Spanish! I believe the Japanese version is also either available or nearly available. Very similar to McDougall and definitely whole food plant based

Unfortunately, the Chinese version is not functional. I've reported it to them, but it seems they will not be able to do anything about it for now. Thanks!
UtahJane

Postby StarchHEFP » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:28 pm

Is this program now functional? They have updated the 21-day kickstart for the other languages I don't know about the Chinese version. There's a version of the program on Weibo also it seems:

http://support.pcrm.org/site/PageNavigator/Kickstart/Kickstart%20Forms/21day_vegan_kickstart_china.html
http://weibo.com/21dayhealthchallenge?is_hot=1

They keep updating this regularly. For anyone new, usually there are great cooking videos and inspirational emails, as well as access to dietitians. I don't know if the Chinese version has it.

21天健康挑战活动正在更新中,请在下方登记以便告知活动恢复的信息。在这之前请透过微博联系我们。

健康的新我从下月开始!

这一活动基于美国领头健康倡导者之一,尼尔∙巴纳德医师的研究,设计给希望发掘和体验素食的健康利益的人们。低脂肪纯素饮食是减肥,预防糖尿病,预防和逆转心脏病,降低血压,胆固醇,和癌症风险的最佳方式。

通过这一活动,您可以访问以下资源
StarchHEFP

Postby StarchHEFP » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:23 am

I found a Chinese facebook group that posts a lot of nice videos with subtitles / translations. I can't speak or read Chinese but many of the videos are in English, and the latest one is MOST helpful (cost of meat)

https://www.facebook.com/bestvideosHK/?pnref=story
StarchHEFP

Postby Grammy Ginger » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Maybe this late as usual suggestion will seem like too little too late. Keeping things as simple as possible, people can grasp the ideas easier.

I don't speak Chinese, but I cook a Chinese-like meal two or three times daily. Of course I make rice (white or brown depending on my mood) in the rice cooker, which I top with a big bowl of steamed veggies (tomato, carrot, cilantro, green onions, red and green cabbage, bok choi, mushrooms, red or yellow bell peppers, green beans, and/or snow peas). I usually just steam this in a covered bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes. Before I had to stop eating tofu, I used to add steamed or baked tofu. Sometimes I top this with sweet and sour sauce or spices or other such flavor enhancers. Often, I eat this with no rice if I want a really light meal or eat it with potatoes or sweet potatoes. Chinese food isn't always meat and doesn't need to be fried.

This meal is always available in Chinese restaurants on request as well.
Grammy Ginger

Postby UtahJane » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:54 pm

Grammy Ginger wrote:Maybe this late as usual suggestion will seem like too little too late. Keeping things as simple as possible, people can grasp the ideas easier.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this topic! I appreciate you!!
UtahJane

Previous

Return to The Lounge