Re: Debbie

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby janluvs2heel » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:31 am

After a long few days of pain & being at the Dr.'s offices since Friday, Debbie was rushed to the hospital last night & had em. surgery to have her gall bladder removed. She will have another surgery this afternoon to remove a large stone & a couple smaller ones, that are stuck in the duct. Not sure when she will be home but at least another couple days. I posted in MWL so that people would know what was going on. She will not be available to post the MWL results this weekend. So hard to see your child in pain & I am so glad that the pain she has now will continue to get better.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby Jeepsterhound » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:49 am

Please give her my best. Hugs to Debbie and you.
Jeepsterhound

Postby f1jim » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:56 am

My best to Debbie.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby VeggieSue » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:59 pm

Thanks for letting us know. She said in her FB post the other day they discovered the stones but told her they weren't the cause of her pains. She sure proved them wrong!

I wish her a speedy recovery and will be watching for her return.
VeggieSue

Postby patty » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Heartfelt Wishes!!!

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby Bkworm » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:43 am

My best wishes to Debbie for a speedy recovery.
Bkworm
Bkworm

Postby SarahJ » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:08 pm

I sure hope the surgeries work to get rid of her pain. Gallbladder problems can be serious. And miserable!!!

Sarah
SarahJ

Postby Vegankit » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:31 pm

Sending healing vibes so it's a quick and easy recovery.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby colonyofcells » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:33 pm

I hope Debbie recovers fast from the gall bladder surgery. I hope and pray I never lose my gall bladder including my 2 front teeth.
colonyofcells

Postby Debbie » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:04 pm

I am truly baffled how hard it was that this was gallbladder. My sister in law a couple months ago had the same thing but the doctors thought she was having a heart attack. They sent her to Mercy's cath lab and everything before they finally thought to look at the gallbladder.

I had 2 ER visits, one via ambulance 2 surgeries, 4 different IV's and more needle pokes I look like a human pin cushion....The first surgery was to remove the gallbladder and once out, the doctor was in awe how I could be so sick for so long without anyone knowing....the next day was surgery to remove stones, sludge and puss from the bile duct. My liver enzymes are still quite elevated, so hopefully as they return to normal, most other symptoms go away. Im very weak and tired.

Moral of the story???? Dont be fooled by that one off plan meal done over time does no damage; until you are really sick due to it. The damage is being done every single meal eaten that is unhealthy....especially if that one off plan meal turns into days and weeks of off plan meals.
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Postby patty » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:31 pm

Debbie wrote:I am truly baffled how hard it was that this was gallbladder. My sister in law a couple months ago had the same thing but the doctors thought she was having a heart attack. They sent her to Mercy's cath lab and everything before they finally thought to look at the gallbladder.

I had 2 ER visits, one via ambulance 2 surgeries, 4 different IV's and more needle pokes I look like a human pin cushion....The first surgery was to remove the gallbladder and once out, the doctor was in awe how I could be so sick for so long without anyone knowing....the next day was surgery to remove stones, sludge and puss from the bile duct. My liver enzymes are still quite elevated, so hopefully as they return to normal, most other symptoms go away. Im very weak and tired.

Moral of the story???? Dont be fooled by that one off plan meal done over time does no damage; until you are really sick due to it. The damage is being done every single meal eaten that is unhealthy....especially if that one off plan meal turns into days and weeks of off plan meals.

So happy you are in recovery. Do you have Dr. McDougall's Digestive Tune-Up? Every household should have a copy.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby Debbie » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:54 pm

patty wrote:
So happy you are in recovery. Do you have Dr. McDougall's Digestive Tune-Up? Every household should have a copy.

Aloha, patty

I do have it and I reread it a couple weeks ago paying specially attention to the gallbladder chapter. I'll be fully rereading it again.
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Postby f1jim » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:55 pm

Welcome back Debbie.
Thanks for the timely advice.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby VeggieSue » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:03 am

Welcome home, Debbie!

At least now you won't have *any* trouble at holiday meals at relatives' homes refusing non-McD meals. Just show them your scars and they'll understand why you're not eating the bacon-covered bacon and eating your sweet potatoes, instead.

Rest up, continue to eat healthy, and you'll be back on that schoolbus in no time.
VeggieSue

Postby docscience » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:08 pm

I hope anyone does not find this question to out of place.
I am wondering if Debbie, or anyone else, has a partial answer for me.
I was assuming that if a person is eating the diet, they would not get gall stones,
and /or that the diet would gradually clear the gall stones.
Was it a long preexisting condition ?
What have any of the doctors said, about gall stones and this diet ?

Gilbert.
I really HATE my profile picture, but it reminds me to watch my eating. For me, that is a good motivator.
MyTest results viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39555
5'8" , started- sept. 2013 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
docscience

Next

Return to The Lounge