Alternative treatment for stage 4 colorectal cancer?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Alternative treatment for stage 4 colorectal cancer?

Postby patty » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Thrasymachus

It is important to remember when someone hears the word cancer, their mind has to snap to a certain degree. And it might not bounce back. My son in-law just lost his father. He had Parkinson's and had a feeding tube. I am not sure if they have POLST in Greece? I suggested to my daughter that they download a copy and my son-law go over it with his father's doctor. It made it easier for my son in-law to make decisions about his father. The doctor a couple of months prior had lost his father. And he shared what helped him was to think of his father 10 years earlier, and if that was today what would he want? My son in-law put his father into a Hospice and they decreased his food daily, and within a couple of days he made a peaceful transition. In my opinion there is nothing worse than Parkinson's meds. I am sure his father welcomed the peace:) Know this is a sacred time for you and your father, and family.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby Melinda » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:34 pm

Thrasymachus, I feel badly for you and your family. I'm very sorry to hear of this.
Melinda

Postby Thrasymachus » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:55 pm

I just watched an excellent documentary on laetrile/vitamin b17/amygdalin. It is called "Laetrile a Second Opinion":
http://www.secondopinionfilm.com/
The documentary is for sale, but some of their documentation is free:
http://www.secondopinionfilm.com/the-documents/

In the 1970s according to Ralph W. Moss Phd(in classics, not a doctor in medicine or anything) an ex-insider and whistleblower at Sloan Kettering, 1/10th of American cancer patients were going to Mexico to receive laetrile and 1/5th of terminal American cancer patients. This created enormous pressure for the criminal cancer establishment to look into amygdalin(laterile) after many letters sent to the American government. Eventually at Memorial Sloan Kettering, Dr. Kanematsu Sugiura, a man who researched cancer for over 60 years. Suguira when experimenting with mice found that amygdalin was able to arrest tumor development for a period. It would resume, but what it had lasting effects on preventing tumor metastasis. The problem was and is that amygdalin is derived from the seeds of fruits, so there is no profit motive for pushing it as a mainline treatment, since you cannot really patent it. For a time one of the heads of Memorial Sloan Kettering pushed for amygdalin but they had meetings with the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and eventually, Sloan Kettering covered up the positive results. However, there was ABC news footage reproduced in the documentary where Dr. Kanematsu Sugiura, went against the organization and defended his results and said that the studies produced by Sloan Kettering to bury amygdalin appeared tampered. Sugiura's results were buried as a segment in a paper by other Kettering researchers meant to tank laetrile. Ralph W. Moss who worked in public relations and as writer for Sloan Kettering, didn't want it to remain to be buried so he started a dissident publication and organization within Sloan Kettering to publicize Suguira's results called a Second Opinion. If it were not for a Second Opinion,

The National Cancer Institute conducted a review of the patient data of alternative doctors using laterile:
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NE ... 9072991013
Special Report on Laetrile: The NCI Laetrile Review — Results of the National Cancer Institute's Retrospective Laetrile Analysis
N Engl J Med 1978; 299:549-552

Of the 22 laetrile exclusive patients who didn't take deadly chemo:
2 had a complete remission = 9%
4 had a partial one = 18%
9 had cancer stabilize = 41%
7 had cancer progress = 32%

Later the National Cancer Institute also recruited Dr. Charles Moertel of the May Clinic a notorious quackbuster type to do a study of laetrile in the New England journal of medicine. In his selection criteria he used late stage cancer patients when laetrile is only really effective in suppressing tumors and keeping them metastasizing when they are small, after there is metastasis I am not so sure it is effective. When Big Pharma and biomedical industry want something buried they find greedy people, careerists and people of low character to conduct studies to protect their profit margins and give something to cite about "quackery".

But if you examine the web though you will be flooded by results from greedy scum against laetrile, because more people live from cancer, than die from it(despite the huge numbers who die from it). Let us look at chemo which all the science based medicine and quack buster types defend as the only treatment besides radiation and surgery:
Chemotherapy is only effective in 2-3% of cases:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15630849

"RESULTS:
The overall contribution of curative and adjuvant cytotoxic chemotherapy to 5-year survival in adults was estimated to be 2.3% in Australia and 2.1% in the USA."

Only recently have serious researchers in Germany started looking into this again thanks to the "quackbusters" defending "science based medicine" to line their pockets with other people's blood and dead relatives:
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/articl ... ne.0105590
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/articl ... ne.0110244

And that is only tests of petri dishes or whatever. How many millions more will have to die? How many thousands more will have to decide to accept the onus of traveling abroad to openly take it? If enough people could take laetrile/amygdalin early enough alot of people could prevent metastasis of their cancer. The side effects are nothing compared to chemo, the results are much better, but money rules everything.

The documentary makers have a great clip on their bonus section available for free on Youtube on Coli's Toxins which again are more effective than chemotherapy(which I can not stress enough are total crap and only effective for the low hanging fruit of cancer), but Coli's Toxins are also suppressed because it cannot be patented:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Ky2z8x3Mw
Thrasymachus

Postby patty » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:09 pm

In The Truth About Cancer a Global Quest I noticed they talked a lot about laetrile... the apricot seeds... I did a search on Amazon.. and the reviews are amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017J ... EUJXXCCHK4

if I didn't witness the healing effects of the medical marijuana with cancer I would never have believed it. It is so clear now understanding the history of the medical industry/government is how they put the fear of God into you. As one woman shared they diagnosed her on Thursday and scheduled her for surgery on Monday. She thought it was because her case was so critical but they did that with everyone. And it doesn't matter who you know in the industry, they are such a blinded force. Profit before ethics. It is like Dr. McDougall asked his colleague, after the colleague gave a lunch time lecture on mastectomy doesn't save lives, the doctor had 4 mastectomies scheduled that afternoon. When Dr. McDougall questioned him about it, he said it would have to be the next generation to change things. He said was going to do just what he was taught in school. God Bless Dr. McDougall getting the law passed through our Hawaii legislator that women have to be told they can have a lumpectomy versus a mastectomy. I think there are 7 States with that law.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby Thrasymachus » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Unfortunately I don't think laetrile is really effective in late stage cancer after metastasis and according to the bonus material of the documentary it has to be injected. The Western European and American petro-chemical based medicine has taken over most the world, meaning to even try a laetrile injection I would have to get him out of Greece. I am just really pissed at these science based medicine scum. I cleaned up that last post and submitted a very long IMDB review based on it to pre-empt the quackbuster "science" based medicine cult who will canvass that documentary with negative IMDB reviews. That documentary using material leaked from the insiders of "Second Opinion" within Sloan Kettering is another good source on the dirty world of biomedical research. There are just too many tricks those with the most money can use to bias the published journal literature like repressing Sugiura's result since he was doing research on behalf of Sloan Kettering after his retirement. Thus he was not free to say "screw Sloan" and have his results published. This was the study meant to discredit amygdalin to which his results were attached in a brief section:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/347176

Mainstream medicine has nothing to offer almost all cancer patients.
http://link.springer.com/article/10.100 ... 015-2931-2

Conclusions
In this study, stage II colon cancer patients who received chemotherapy treatment were more likely to have poor QoL, recurrence, and all-cause mortality after 24 months compared to those who did not receive chemotherapy. Future research focusing on subtypes of chemotherapy treatment, as well as a longer follow-up period, is needed.

But such studies are buried in ten thousands of nonsense studies about chemotherapy, chemotherapy, chemotherapy. These allopathic scum monopolists know they cannot allow people the freedom to choose or in 30 years almost no one but the biggest idiots would still take chemotherapy. So I am left with the hard decision of taking my father abroad in what might his last few months alive away from everyone he knows because there might be a chance. I shouldn't have to make that decision he lives 30 minutes from the largest city in the Peloponnese region of Greece, Patras, alternatives should locally be available. If someone I know locally gets cancer in the greater NYC they should have alternatives. But even on this forum we have self proclaimed quackbusters who act like the unpaid hitmen of mafia like, deadly biomedical industries. I think that is why I am gonna have to give myself a coffee enema before I go to Greece, because it seems the only way to get the chemo out of his system. As the study above alludes, chemotherapy since it is carcinogenic and immune suppressing elevates the future incidence of cancer and mortality.

I also have started the "Truth about Cancer" series which is available on torrent sites, btw.
Thrasymachus

Postby patty » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:59 pm

This is from Hiromi Shinya, MD "The Enzyme Factor Diet For The Future that will prevent heart disease, cure cancer, stop type 2 diabetes:

THE GROUNDBREAKING METHOD TO IMPROVE BOWEL FUNCTION

Health-wise, one of the most troubling things for many women is constipation. And quite a few people take laxatives almost on a daily basis.

However, I believe much medication is something akin to poison. The more your intestine gets stimulated with drugs, the more it will require stronger stimulation. Those who take laxatives may know this, because in the beginning, you may have had to take only one pill to produce a bowel movement, but with repeated doses, the laxative has become less effective, requiring you to increase the drug to two pills, then three, or switching to a different laxative in the hope that it will work better.

Constipation is one of the causes of bad intestinal characteristics; thus it is necessary to alleviate this condition as soon as possible. No matter how good the food is, if you cannot excrete that food properly, it will rot and produce toxins in the intestine. Once it reaches this state, the balance of the intestinal bacterial flora will collapse in an instant. The reason you get pimples and rashes when you are constipated is that toxins, which get produced in the intestine, cannot be sufficiently excreted from the intestine.

Needless to say, the most desirable situation is to have well-regulated bowel movements in a natural condition. In order to do that, in addition to eating foods rich in enzymes, it is important to stimulate the intestine by eating foods abundant in dietary fibers, drinking plenty of good water, massaging your stomach along the flow of your intestine and strengthening your abdominal muscles.

If, after doing all this you do not see much improvement, I would recommend having an enema.

What I recommend is a coffee enema, which involves cleaning the colon with water containing coffee plus minerals and lactobacilli-creating extracts.

Many people in Japan worry that if they have enemas, it will become a habit, and the colon will eventually be unable to work on its own. But according to my clinical data, there is no need to worry. Rather, people who regularly administer their own enemas have better functioning intestines and cleaner intestinal characteristics, free of stagnant stool and impacted feces.

In contrast, for people who habitually use laxatives-whether chemical products, herbal medicine or natural herbal teas-their intestinal walls become discolored and black. And the more medication they take, the worse the state of their intestines becomes, gradually slowing down intestinal movement. When intestinal movement stops, it becomes easier for stagnant stool to remain in the intestine, creating problems.

I have a doctor friend who, despite his healthy body, still has coffee enemas twice a day. It is not because he cannot have bowel movements, but rather, because he inevitably has some food substances that have abnormally fermented or remain undigested in the colon, even with proper excretion. It is better for the body to excrete stool as soon as possible, especially from the left side of the colon where stool easily stagnates. Following my advice, it has been close to 20 years since my friend made a habit of using coffee enemas, but his physical condition is better now than it was before.

Even I often do coffee enemas. When I say cleansing the intestine, only the left side of the large intestine gets cleansed by the enema, so it will not hinder the functions of the small intestine, where digestion and absorption occur. Thus, you may have enemas free of worries.

Hiromi Shinya. The Enzyme Factor (p. 101). Kindle Edition.

3. REGULAR ELIMINATION • Start a daily habit to remove intestinal pollutants and to clean out your system regularly. • Do not take laxatives. • If the bowel is sluggish or to detoxify the liver, consider using a coffee enema. The coffee enema is better for colon detox and for full body detox because it does not release free radicals into the blood stream, as do some dietary detox methods.

Hiromi Shinya. The Enzyme Factor (p. 141). Kindle Edition.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby Thrasymachus » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:37 pm

Ok, now I am really pissed. His oncologist sent a fax over days ago which I didn't pick up till today for my Family Leave form which is required so I can get extra leave from work without being fired to visit him.

"Describe other relevant medical facts, if any for which the patient needs care" ...

She entered: "He [sic] hospitalized 3 times due to toxicity secondary to treatment"

Does that mean what I think it does? That he has been hospitalized 3 times not because of his cancer, but because of his treatment, which is chemotherapy?

Further in the field: "Explain the care needed by the patient, and why such care is medically necessary:"

She entered: "Terminal stage colorectal cancer with cognitive failure."

Now I noticed that too and recounted it to people who asked me in this thread, "why don't I respect my father's wishes":
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50008#p513910

As you can see even his oncologist says he is not in his right mind. But he has tumors in his rectum, liver and lung, not his brain! Here is a whole study on how chemotherapy is known to lead to a worse quality of life because of such cognitive impairment:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4084673/
PREVALENCE, MECHANISMS, AND MANAGEMENT OF CANCER-RELATED COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENT

This review summarizes the current literature on cancer-related cognitive impairment (CRCI) with a focus on prevalence, mechanisms, and possible interventions for CRCI in those who receive adjuvant chemotherapy for non-central nervous system tumors and is primarily focused on breast cancer. CRCI is characterized as deficits in areas of cognition including memory, attention, concentration, and executive function. Development of CRCI can impair quality of life and impact treatment decisions. CRCI is highly prevalent; these problems can be detected in up to 30% of patients prior to chemotherapy; up to 75% of patients report some form of CRCI during treatment, and CRCI is still present in up to 35% of patients many years following completion of treatment

Cognitive impairment spikes up 45% during treatment, and goes back down 40% after.

Btw, I am not trying to say he has a bad oncologist, I am pretty sure just about any oncologist in any Westernized nation is equally good at butchering patients on behalf of drug companies. I am confident this is the standard of care, it is just unlike most highly obedient and uncurious modern humans, I am very disobedient and highly curious, so I don't take for granted that chemo is any sort of acceptable or immutable or ethical option and contrary to respecting and deferring to experts, I am sure they are their over-educated obedience to institutional values and acute social myopia, cultivated in way too much schooling is one of the world's biggest problems.
Thrasymachus

Postby patty » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:03 pm

Shoot them with Love, and pray for them everything you desire for two weeks or as long as it takes. They say if all the crosses were thrown in a corner, we would pick up the same cross. There is no greater love than parent and child. Some decisions aren't ours to make. His mind is in Heaven or Nirvana however you want to look at it. Praying for your and his Highest Good. Know your are not alone, as he isn't. We are a non-duel One in the Mind of God (of your/his understanding).

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:38 pm

No additional knowledge to impart, just sending you hugs and positive vibes.... My dad had stage IV bile duct cancer and at a point he had "poisoning" of his brain from the bile that sent the most reasonable / rational / grounded man that I have ever known to the psych ward. He recovered his faculties after a stent was inserted to drain the bile, but I knew then that this could happen to anyone and that standard medicine is not necessarily the best. I wish you and your family the best as you deal with this health crisis.
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby petero » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:I just watched an excellent documentary on laetrile/vitamin b17/amygdalin. It is called "Laetrile a Second Opinion":
http://www.secondopinionfilm.com/
The documentary is for sale, but some of their documentation is free:
http://www.secondopinionfilm.com/the-documents/

I actually just watched the Laetrile movie as well as the Burzynski movie for free on YouTube. Frankly, both of them seem quite plausible and I'm inclined to agree with the films.
It's easy to be a naive idealist. It's easy to be a cynical realist. It's quite another thing to have no illusions and still hold the inner flame. -- Marie-Louise von Franz
petero

Postby VegOn » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:45 am

How tragic that your family has to deal with this horrible disease. I lost both of my own parents to cancer within 6 weeks of each other, and it was heartbreaking. My father defied his prognosis by battling his brain tumor for well over 5 years, which was unheard of for glioblastoma multiforme stage IV at the time of his diagnosis. He was part of a clinical trial for a treatment that is now the standard of care for patients with GBMF, and we are proud that he played a role, however small, in giving some additional survival time to patients and their families.

Please make the most of the time that remains for your father. Focus on what is important. Love and support your father and your family members in dealing with this with as much grace and courage as possible.
VegOn

Postby Risto » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:10 am

I'm very sorry that your father is being put through this.

Thrasymachus wrote:Does that mean what I think it does? That he has been hospitalized 3 times not because of his cancer, but because of his treatment, which is chemotherapy?

That wouldn't be surprising. If he has received e.g. blood transfusions or blood products to help deal with the damage from chemotherapy, he would likely have been hospitalized for those.
Risto

Postby patty » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:26 pm

I just posted this on another thread. It is from the The Truth About Cancer A Global Quest: Episode 6: The NOCEBO Effect, Healing Vaccines, Advanced Detoxing & Going Inside A German Cancer Clinic

Sayer Ji shared this study about the Nocebo:

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby bbq » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Reviving more ghost-threads, as someone else would like to put it:

http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/brave-dad-chose-natural-therapy-10491241 wrote:“The GMC received complaints from two doctors who are GP supervisors on the board. They’ve claimed that treatments I’ve been giving people have no scientific research to back them up.

“But I have sent plenty of examples of studies which show and verify the benefits.

“The stress of the pressure I’ve been put under have been immense.

“I chose to train as a doctor to help people, to find new ways to help people, to look at all areas of the world where treatments are effective and slot them into my practise to give patients the most help.

“The vast majority of people who I’ve treated have seen improvements. Some with stage three and four cancer are now living cancer free and can tell their own story.

“It’s stressful, infuriating, frustrating and desperately sad that people are not more open minded and that as a result, my patients are being forced out of the country to continue with treatments that are working for them.

“I have sent the GMC and the HSCB lots of information on the scientific research behind the treatments and yet they continue to claim there is none.

“I feel harassed and bullied by their claims and accusations. I feel in that respect Northern Ireland patients are being failed and I’m devastated by that.”

No good deed goes unpunished, again.

BTW, Dr. Greger will cover the same topic early next year as mentioned below:

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=c1bae6687e1e6ab175fb56913&id=cbef7536c3 wrote:
  • Intravenous Vitamin C for Terminal Cancer Patients
  • Vitamin C Supplements for Terminal Cancer Patients
  • The Role of Vitamin C in the Treatment of Terminal Cancer
bbq

Previous

Return to The Lounge