Comments of Proteinaholic by Dr. Garth Davis

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Comments of Proteinaholic by Dr. Garth Davis

Postby Skip » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:16 pm

Now that Proteinaholic by Garth Davis is out I am loving this book. In a previous thread, there was comments about not trusting Dr. Davis because he does bariatric surgery.

Dr. Davis explains that this book, in a way, is to set the record straight on his previous book which had advocated for eating much more animal protein. He discusses how he arrived at the conclusion that a plant based diet is best for health and backs it up with many many studies and logic. His insights from dealing with obese patients are illuminating.

I look forward to the comments others have on this great book....
"The fundamental principle of ethics is reverence for life" Albert Schweitzer
Skip

Re: Comments of Proteinaholic by Dr. Garth Davis

Postby Birdy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:10 am

I haven't read his book yet, but I did listen to his presentation online during the recent McDougall weekend. Like the other speakers, he's interesting and brings another perspective to the importance and effectiveness of eating plant based. It's great that there is a growing consciousness around nutrition and increasingly more highly trained people like Dr. Davis who are advocating personally, publicly and professionally for dietary change. I look forward to reading his book too.
"The program is essentially cost and risk free." ~ Dr. John McDougall
Birdy

Return to The Lounge