Wendy Williams

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Wendy Williams

Postby Risto » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Someone pointed this out to me. I don't know much about the talk show, I've only watched a couple of interviews of it on Youtube. Apparently the host has promoted animal food cooking, talked frequently about eating meat herself and seemingly she's been on a meat + greens low carb diet, but she seems to have turned around and gone WFPB. She mentions having more energy now. The chef she has on uses some olive oil and puts some cheese pieces on a green pizza, but makes a "cleaner" version without cheese for the host. Otherwise it's all plant-based, but the v-word is very conspicuously not mentioned. The chef talks about eating "clean", "from the ground up" etc., but apparently they want to avoid being labeled vegan.

Wendy Williams: Clean Eating Recipes (6 minutes, Youtube)
Risto

Re: Wendy Williams

Postby smudgemom » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:52 pm

Unfortunately, 4 months ago she was talking about Beyonce's 21-Day vegan plan...she was openly mocking the vegan diet. She was on a month-long cleanse/detox @ that time...and mentioned she wishes she had a pork chop to stir her hot water(!). The chef? Her book is heavy veg based but has lots of animal recipes, like Kale Bacon pizza.

I guarantee she's not on a WFPB/vegan diet...unless something radically changed in the last 4 months. At the end of the day, she says she's eating cleaner & shows it by losing the diet. Hopefully that will inspire her viewers. Also, I'm glad her chef is promoting more vegetable based dishes.
smudgemom

Re: Wendy Williams

Postby Risto » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:11 am

Another cooking segment (Youtube) from yesterday. The overweight guest chef is cooking meat, but there's a vegan version of the soup and the sandwich for Williams. They're using the v-word, too. It looks like Williams really has gone plant-based, but still doesn't mind promoting meat-eating on her show.
Risto

Return to The Lounge