McDougall Friendly Restaurants in Santa Rosa

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

McDougall Friendly Restaurants in Santa Rosa

Postby HealthFreak » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:34 am

I will be in Santa Rosa in a few weeks. My wife and I will have the whole afternoon there, while we are waiting for our flight. What is the best McDougall friendly restaurant to eat at?
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." Henry David Thoreau
HealthFreak

Re: McDougall Friendly Restaurants in Santa Rosa

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:05 am

I don't know if it's the best, but Gary Chu's has a McDougall-style menu, and it's not listed on it's website http://www.garychus.com/home.asp You have to ask for the McDougall menu when you get there. I have a copy, and would post here if I could figure out how--can anyone give me instructions? We have had several McDougall gatherings at this restaurant and they were very nice.

I understand that Gary Chu also has a Japanese restaurant in Santa Rosa, but have never been there.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby hazelrah » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:56 am

I would never argue with VO about food, But I really like Sonoma Taco shop, although it is a fast food type of place. Salsa and baked chips are great. VO tends to go in for the fine dining experience I think. I was raised in New Jersey, so fine dining was like, "Leave the gun, take the cannoli," when I was growing up.

We also liked California Thai, but that one closed about 2 years ago. I meant to ask Mary at the last ASW if it had been replaced by another Thai in Santa Rosa, but did not get the chance. She was saddened to see it close at the time it did. But that one might have even met VO's standards.

Good luck. Hope you have a great trip.

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby BeanBurrito » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:50 am

El Patio has a good McDougall menu. The restaurant at the Flamingo hotel has a few McDougall items. Some of the other Taquerias have McDougall menus, but you have to be careful. I got one that included beans prepared with oil. :/

Eric
BeanBurrito

Postby HealthFreak » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:29 am

Thanks for the responses. Fine dining sounds good to me.
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." Henry David Thoreau
HealthFreak

Return to The Lounge