Has Your Life Been Changed?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Has Your Life Been Changed?

Postby JeffN » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:22 am

A client sent this to me this morning & wanted to share it here with all of you

VegWorld Magazine

Are you vegan now because a doctor changed your life? We are.

Dr. T. Colin Campbell's book, The China Study, transformed our world. So much so, that we recently acquired VegWorld Magazine in order to share this wonderful discovery with more people.

VegWorld Magazine is looking for individuals who want to tell the story of how a doctor changed their life - McDougall, Esselstyn, Barnard, Fuhrman, any plant based Medical Doctor or Registered Dietitian that led you to become vegan and experience the benefits of a plant based diet.

Your story may inspire someone else.

Email [email protected] if you'd like to share your story.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Re: Has Your Life Been Changed?

Postby arugula » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:34 am

yes, but not for the usual reasons.

my father and sister were both physicians. father was a GP and sister specialized in internal medicine. my father said i would get sick if i didn't eat meat. he had been saying this for as long as i could remember. even as a very young child i was distressed by where meat came from.

when my sister went vegetarian, i started to wonder if my father was wrong. i went to the library, i learned he was wrong. prior to that i had never questioned him.

so i have my sister (who was also an animal rights activist), now deceased, to thank for my initial change. i read dr. mcdougall's first book not long after that. this was in the early 90s.

my dad still fought with me over food issues until i sent him some of the ornish papers. then he finally admitted defeat!
arugula

Postby healthyvegan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:09 pm

life change is an understatement.
mrmrsvegan.com free whole starch low fat cookbook #wslf
healthyvegan

Postby Dougalling » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:12 am

Because Dr McDougall so generously provides this site, everyone using this site has been affected by him in some way.
Everyone's lives has been tweeked. :D
Dougalling

Postby mountain » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:39 am

I wouldn't say life has changed in a huge way.

But I am feeling way better, I have a more positive outlook on life, I became more tolerant and accepting. Now some of it could be because of getting older....but definitely not the first.....the feeling better. I feel now better than I felt 30 years ago. I used to get 4-6 colds every year, used to be constipated to the point of having no bowel movements (I know, TMI, lol) for 3-4 days and ending up with a really bad headache. My skin looks great and I have no aches or pains (I am almost 60 :eek: ) except a little arthritis in
my broken ankle.

And I am not perfect in this way of eating, I still have one cup of coffee in the morning, love some dark chocolate, have occasionally some seafood (maybe once a months or less)!
mountain

Return to The Lounge