Need feedback. How did we do at explaining starch!?!

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Need feedback. How did we do at explaining starch!?!

Postby healthyvegan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:10 am

My wife & I recently got invited by a young & amazing YouTuber with a rather large audience to take her shopping & talk to her about vegan weight loss. She recently went vegan & gained weight & asked us to explain to her & her viewers what they can change up. We took her to Trader Joe's & got oatmeal & a lower sugar cereal for breakfast & made Lavash Pizzas & rice, Bean & potato Tacos as lunch & dinner options. We recorded a ton & she made the cuts & put together these two videos.

HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT BEING VEGAN | PART 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nujs2yH7f3k

VEGAN GROCERIES FOR WEIGHT LOSS | Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GR_AoyUAHU

I was expecting to get attacked for recommending Microwaves & by the Paleo crowd, but feedback so far has been so positive. (remember this is a very young (+/-18 yr old audience) & need inexpensive & convenient tasty food. We hope to get invited by more youtubers as a result to help clean out their pantries & take them shopping & just want to convey a simple easy to follow message for this crowd. I cringe watching myself explain fat loss with three cans of beans, but that is youtube for you :| ;-) :-P

Would appreciate any feedback on our appearance. I've been McDougalling for 15+ years (-100lbs maintained for all this time), but when I realize I am talking to a large audience it helps to have a board full of knowledgable friends to help smooth out the rough edges!
mrmrsvegan.com free whole starch low fat cookbook #wslf
healthyvegan

Re: Need feedback. How did we do at explaining starch!?!

Postby Dougalling » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:50 am

Awesome! You were energetic and confident in what you were saying. Totally engaging.
Dougalling

Postby dteresa » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:11 am

DARN. The only Trader Joe's in the area does not carry fat free lavash or those fat free tacos. I have been searching everywhere for fat free wraps. My trader Joe's does carry a fat free whole wheat pita but the one near my brother in phoenix does not. Nor do they have the Italian whole wheat pane in the phoenix store. Next time I am there I will check it out for the wraps and tortillas.

didi
dteresa

Postby docscience » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:14 am

I was very impressed with the videos. There is nothing that I could add. In your above comment, were you ever 100 lbs heavier then you are now, or did I not understand that statement correctly ?
I really HATE my profile picture, but it reminds me to watch my eating. For me, that is a good motivator.
MyTest results viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39555
5'8" , started- sept. 2013 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
docscience

Postby healthyvegan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:49 pm

docscience yep! aside from a brief fat vegan bump in the road when all the vegan cookies & cupcakes started showing up in the grocery stores & I had to go on a MCDOUGALL Costa Rica trip for a refresher coarse!
healthyvegan

Postby dempseygirl » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:22 pm

You both did a great job.
BTW, I hope you will have more grocery hauls or a "what's in our kitchen" episode on your channel soon - I can never get enough of those.
dempseygirl

Postby healthyvegan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:53 pm

Thanks again everyone!
Dempseygirl, we hope to do a Costco, Walmart / Target, etc soon! It is so much work making & editing what appear to be simple videos, but we feel great that people are watching them & are being helped by them.
healthyvegan

Postby BeanBurrito » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:15 am

That was fantastic! You guys look great, had sound advice, and you just seem like fun people to be around. :-D

Eric
BeanBurrito

Postby Lesliec1 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:57 am

healthyvegan, are you a Star McDougaller? If not, can you email Dr. McDougall with your success story? I'm sure he would want to know about someone doing this for 15 years!
Lesliec1

Return to The Lounge