How do you wash your produce?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: How do you wash your produce?

Postby dailycarbs » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:44 pm

healthyvegan wrote:She was part of a large outbreak linked to the lettuce. 30+ people were sickened & had kidney failure, etc. Like I said, despite how well you might think they are washed from one farm or distributor, that still leaves the guy unpacking them & stacking the shelves, the person who just changed a baby diaper and then squeezed 10 apples before finding the right one, and the lovely check out aisle & grocery cart the person before you who had meat juices leaking out all over it. Veggie wash might not be essential 99% of the time, but for the 1% it is you'll be glad you used it!

Well you make some good points. What with the baby diaper thing, I'm gonna wash everything twice from now on. :D

Just for the record, I do wash all bulk produce but use only water. The stuff that comes in a sealed bag (like those salad mixes) I don't bother. I'm lazy. So far, so good.
dailycarbs

Previous

Return to The Lounge