McDougall Webinar

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

McDougall Webinar

Postby f1jim » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:16 am

Wow, this was my first webinar and Dr. McDougall was about as relaxed and off the cuff as he gets. Feels like you are in his living room and he just goes off on a subject. Will definitely tune in next Friday morning for more.
For anyone that has never attended a McDougall event this will give you a taste of him live and in person.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Re: McDougall Webinar

Postby BlueHeron » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:28 am

According to the e-mail, they're supposed to be recorded and available later. Jim, do you have any more info on that?
BlueHeron

Postby f1jim » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:36 am

I don't have any info on that.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby VeggieSue » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:38 am

Try this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns62KBGiWaQ

It's from the interviewer's YouTube page but says it's unlisted.
VeggieSue

Postby docscience » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:21 am

EDIT-- A list of the Webinars with links can be found on these links.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFiH72 ... gLA/videos

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/webinars/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lM7Imcv6lQ
43:29 (1st Webinar: August 7, 2015) (Aug 7, 2015) (Dr. Gustavo Tolosa)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5dI-ds9ZQ4
46:55 (1st Webinar: August 7, 2015) (Aug 10, 2015) (John McDougall)
1:02:01 (Sep 4, 2015) (Webinar About Obesity Part 1) (from above post)
Last edited by docscience on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I really HATE my profile picture, but it reminds me to watch my eating. For me, that is a good motivator.
MyTest results viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39555
5'8" , started- sept. 2013 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
docscience

Postby baardmk » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:56 am

Wow, I saw that last webinar and I was astonished that he he chose to be so confrontational/inflammatory and feisty in his statements. Many would be offended and put off, I imagine. Like making some pretty absolute statements.

On the other hand, he made of course some excellent points and has a greater perspective than just "dieting". Let's stop the BS and the money from ruining everybody's health and the environment.
baardmk

Postby Ltldogg » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:05 pm

I love his approach, attitude and directness. It is simple: follow his WOE of high starch, with some fruits and veggies, no oil, low salt, very low nuts and seeds if any, very low sweeteners if any, and you do this consistently and long-term, you will be thin and healthy...period.

No magic, just simple truth and facts.

As he quoted his mentor Dr. Walter Kempner starting around the 8 minute mark in today's webinar, "All dieters are liars". The same goes for people who on these very boards say this WOE didn't work for them.

So, if you want to be healthy and feel great, follow his WOE strictly, which involves eating great tasting foods.

Start now, never stop and enjoy,
Scott :-D
Ltldogg

Postby patty » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:24 pm

I agree I like his directness and this is a life and death issue.. not even just for humanity but the whole planet. Great video.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby colonyofcells » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:08 pm

I agree with Dr McDougall on the overpopulation problem and the lack of solutions for overpopulation.
colonyofcells

Postby baardmk » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:57 am

colonyofcells wrote:I agree with Dr McDougall on the overpopulation problem and the lack of solutions for overpopulation.

hmmm

lack of solutions? Things are improving, in a relative manner. We are at peak child. (fertility has reached it's max) The world population will continue to rise, but level off, and probably decline during the lifetime of many reading this post. This is of course due to the "demographic transition" which is rapidly taking place around the World.

It's not all gloom, but I would agree that many aspects seem to be getting considerably worse before they will start to improve, when it comes to the environment.
baardmk

Postby Katydid » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:15 am

baardmk wrote:Wow, I saw that last webinar and I was astonished that he he chose to be so confrontational/inflammatory and feisty in his statements. Many would be offended and put off, I imagine. Like making some pretty absolute statements.

On the other hand, he made of course some excellent points and has a greater perspective than just "dieting". Let's stop the BS and the money from ruining everybody's health and the environment.

I once saw Dr. McDougall speak at an Engine2 conference in Chicago. The man was on fire! After all the touchy-feely talks that preceded him it was quite a shock. The audience got very quiet and you could practically see their mouths drop open. There was a painful pause after he finished speaking and then the audience rose as one to give him a standing ovation. I'll never forget that moment :D.

Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby pundit999 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:26 am

Great video! Thanks for posting.

He was great as usual but it was good to watch him not mince words. He has been consistent in his message for more than 30 years and has been proven right time and again.

I feel truly blessed to have found him. His advice is simple and 100 percent effective.
Last edited by pundit999 on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pundit999

Postby BlueHeron » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:17 pm

I was thinking of giving this one a pass since I really hate that "all dieters are liars" stuff. But I listened to it, and I'm glad I did. So - for anyone who reacts to that like I do - it's only a small part of the webinar, and he makes it clear that he's talking about dieters lying to themselves. I still find the expression overly harsh, but there was enough good to make up for it.

One more point. North Korea is a bad example to use of people who are thin. The North Koreans have experienced mass starvation, with up to 3.5 million deaths from famine between 1994 and 1998. They are genetically identical to South Koreans (which you are depends on where you or your ancestors were located on a particular day in 1948), but South Koreans are on average six inches taller. Their size is not an indication of health.

In general, even though I don't love everything he says, Dr. McDougall here was well worth listening to.
Last edited by BlueHeron on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueHeron

Postby colonyofcells » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:34 pm

Our ancestors were not obese maybe bec of the famines. Dr McDougall did mention to try going without food for a day just out of curiosity to see what it feels like to be hungry. Dr Mcdougall did not promote any type of fasting.
colonyofcells

Postby arugula » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:22 pm

1:02:01 (Sep 4, 2015) (Webinar About Obesity Part 1) (from above post)

wow, 51:08-52:53

"i tell you the problem with heart disease and breast cancer.
these diseases, strokes, fatal complications of diabetes.

these diseases are learned. you learn to eat certain foods that
give you these diseases. the problem with these diseases is that
they kill only after reproduction. you see if they killed before
reproduction we'd wipe out the stupids and the stupid people who
would be eating the meats and the chickens and the rabbits and so
on like that, they'd be wiped out in a generation.

but unfortunately these diseases only kill after you've had
children. you've taught the children to eat at burger king. and
kentucky fried chicken. and mcdonald's and so you can't select
the stupidity out of the population. so these diseases will keep
going on and on and on."

----

i love this man! even more so when he does not edit.
arugula

Next

Return to The Lounge