Is Marijuana Permitted on this Program?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Is Marijuana Permitted on this Program?

Postby patty » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:54 pm

If you are drinking and using ( whatever is your gateway drug) you are already giving it away:) It is like the free radicals in your system. Once you know the freedom of living happy, joyous and free the other is never entertaining. Those days are gone. The only place you have to go is up with a natural high.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby vgpedlr » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Jack Monzon wrote:It was half tongue-in-cheek.

I was wondering it was serious too. Since this program is about maximizing health, it seems the answer should be no. Smoking anything is already unhealthy, and I don't know about alternative delivery means. In any case, that marijuana has medical benefit doesn't really matter since many drugs have medical value but are inappropriate for daily use.

I'm road tripping out to CO later this summer in my VW bus. I don't want to be a total stereotype.

New thread: Is prostitution permitted on the McDougall program? :D

It is in Nevada.
vgpedlr

Postby hazelrah » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:33 pm

Jack Monzon wrote:New thread: Is prostitution permitted on the McDougall program? :D

My experience has been that most folks around here are not big on endurance exercise. But I suppose to use that characterization I'd have to go even further back in memory than my college frat party days.

Mark

P.S. These are grapefruits getting tossed now. I'm not posting in this topic again no matter how silly a post allows me to be.
Last edited by hazelrah on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby BlueHeron » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:03 pm

I have heard Dr. McDougall refer to the need to maintain "clean habits." And on the Simpsons, Krusty the Clown's father called cigarette smoking a "filthy habit." If you're willing to do some mental gymnastics, you can come up with an answer. Unless you consider the Simpsons a questionable source. Then I can't help you.

In fact, the "clean habits" phrase is used on Dr. Craig McDougall's bio on this site. I have always thought of that as a euphemism for safe sex, but I guess I'm really not 100% sure what it means.
BlueHeron

Postby runonstarch » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:05 pm

Jack Monzon wrote:It was half tongue-in-cheek. I quit drinking alcohol 11 months ago, in addition to starting this program full-throttle, and both were the best decisions I've made for my body possibly in my whole life. I've never really been a weed person at all -- I smoked a little bit in my 20s, but the paranoia and introversion just weren't for me. That's why I preferred alcohol, and became a heavy drinker. That said, I'm intrigued by what's going on in Colorado and may try it while I'm there. I definitely think alcohol is a worse drug for a host of reasons, but you're right that the ability to stay on-plan after imbibing exists with both.

Anyway, some great replies.

Regardless of whether you imbibe or not you should check out a dispensary during your visit, especially if you are already intrigued.
runonstarch

Postby WyldMoonWoman » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:55 am

This is a great question, and I don't know the answer. I would suggest having healthy snacks available because in my world, it is always allowed.

I would like to say that I am waiting, patiently, for my state DOH to make a decision regarding which companies will be selected to produce and dispense medical marijuana. I have a position as a medical director with a company if our application is accepted.

Colorado is beautiful. The dispensaries are interesting.

I was granted a VIP tour of River rock wellness center when I was last in Colorado to see and study the entire operation from seed to sale and was quite impressed!

Have fun and imbibe responsibly! :D
All Love, All the Time
Lisa
WyldMoonWoman

Previous

Return to The Lounge